Buses B7RLE Eclipse Urban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0109.JPG

Hello Everybody,
Some may be aware that @Lemon__Gaming @Badger and I have been working on an Eclipse Urban with a B7RLE chassis, it will be created to Euro 4 standards with amazing sounds by Badger. Below I will put some FAQs and some screenshots soon in game.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I have a beta?

No sorry, testers will be chosen by me and the team. All messages will be ignored.

When will it's be released?

Ask the length of a piece of string, you will get the answer, please don't ask.

Is it our model?

In part yes, we are using AD156's model files and textures to assist with permission of course.

Last edited:

Advertisement

The Eclipse naming scheme as a whole is somewhat baffling, because the same style of body for some reason has different names on different chassis - Pulsars, Meridians and so on - but I can't be bothered with that 99% of the time so just tend to call them all Eclipses :tongueout:

On Wright bodied buses Eclipse means Volvo Chassis, Solar - Scania, Pulsar - Daf/VDL and Meridian - MAN. The whole Design is Known as the Millennium design with Volvo B7LA Wright Eclipse Fusion Being the Prototype / First built. Here is a list of all the bodies of the Millennium Design.

Volvo B5LH Wright Eclipse Gemini 2
Volvo B5TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 (aka the 2.5)
Volvo B7L Wright Eclipse Metro
Volvo B7LA Wright Eclipse Fusion
Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini
Volvo B7R Wright Eclipse Schoolrun
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban 2
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Commuter
Volvo B8RLE Wright Eclipse Urban 3
Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini
Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2
Volvo B10TL Wright Eclipse Gemini Explorer

Scania L94UB Wright Solar
Scania L94UA Wright Solar Fusion
Scania K230UB Wright Solar Rural

VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar
VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar (Hydrogen)
VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar 2
VDL DB250 Wright Pulsar Gemini
VDL DB250 Wright Pulsar Gemini HEV
VDL DB300 Wright Gemini 2 Integral

MAN NL273F Wright Meridian

Wright Streetdeck (Gemini 2.5 style)
Wright StreetAir DF
Wright Electrocity

I think i've included all of them....... VEG....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jjpp

Advertisement

Advertisement

Could I possibly make a request?

I really admire everyone's efforts with regards to the avalanche of RHD vehicles, but almost all of them have two things that keep me playing LHD maps.

The main one is the way glass surfaces look. The Geminis spring to mind here as they are the worst offenders I've come across, but has anyone else noticed that every single glass surface (particularly on the original) looks like they've got about seventeen layers of protective film over them? Glass shouldn't be invisible, but it shouldn't be distracting.

The other is the implementation of the destination equipment. Once again, I admire that people are trying to replicate Hannover Eric+ or Mobitec MobiMASTER ICU type devices, but I can't help thinking that they'd be better off just being a differently styled IBIS unit. Take the Man Lion's City DD as an example. That doesn't feature an IBIS as we're used to it, but it's integrated into the ticket machine and uses the same numbering system every IBIS unit accepts. It could still look like the MobiMASTER ICU, but just take the numbers we've all conditioned ourselves to get used to, particularly when it comes to route prefixes and suffixes (E, N, X, etc.), would certainly help on Cotterell where you've got U18 and X18 but I cannot figure out how to get the unit to add the letters. And yes, I consider using the menus to be cheating ;P

Furthermore, the destination display itself perplexes me. Why do people make their own solution, when the Krueger+ mod (Krueger matrix mod "Krueger+" 0.6+2ε - OMSI-WebDisk) exists, is far superior and has a guide available for adding it to your bus.

Sorry for the long post and I apologize if I sound at all rude, I don't mean it. I just want the RHD community to have a bus to truly be proud of. Think of it like this: if it's not on par with or better than Alterr's Citaro, then give it a little more time. Honestly though, I've never tried making a bus myself, so I may be completely wrong in saying this, but it looks like it would be easier to do things properly, than to make these mistakes, but hey, what do I know ;P

Final thought: if you don't do something properly, what's the point?

D

Deleted member 422

I really admire everyone's efforts with regards to the avalanche of RHD vehicles, but almost all of them have two things that keep me playing LHD maps.

The main one is the way glass surfaces look. The Geminis spring to mind here as they are the worst offenders I've come across, but has anyone else noticed that every single glass surface (particularly on the original) looks like they've got about seventeen layers of protective film over them? Glass shouldn't be invisible, but it shouldn't be distracting.

The other is the implementation of the destination equipment. Once again, I admire that people are trying to replicate Hannover Eric+ or Mobitec MobiMASTER ICU type devices, but I can't help thinking that they'd be better off just being a differently styled IBIS unit. Take the Man Lion's City DD as an example. That doesn't feature an IBIS as we're used to it, but it's integrated into the ticket machine and uses the same numbering system every IBIS unit accepts. It could still look like the MobiMASTER ICU, but just take the numbers we've all conditioned ourselves to get used to, particularly when it comes to route prefixes and suffixes (E, N, X, etc.), would certainly help on Cotterell where you've got U18 and X18 but I cannot figure out how to get the unit to add the letters. And yes, I consider using the menus to be cheating ;P

Furthermore, the destination display itself perplexes me. Why do people make their own solution, when the Krueger+ mod (Krueger matrix mod "Krueger+" 0.6+2ε - OMSI-WebDisk) exists, is far superior and has a guide available for adding it to your bus.

Sorry for the long post and I apologize if I sound at all rude, I don't mean it. I just want the RHD community to have a bus to truly be proud of. Think of it like this: if it's not on par with or better than Alterr's Citaro, then give it a little more time. Honestly though, I've never tried making a bus myself, so I may be completely wrong in saying this, but it looks like it would be easier to do things properly, than to make these mistakes, but hey, what do I know ;P

You make quite a fair point there :)

The glass surfaces on quite a lot of buses, I do agree with, however can you not be enticed with the C400R, and B9TL Gemini2, which do not have this annoying feature?

Also, I would just like to point out, as I said in the other thread, that the buses are made to reality. English buses don't really have a way of implementing something like that, and sticking to reality. Therefore the Hannover's and Mobitec's are the only way to go about it. People make their own solution, because, how bored people would get seeing the same display on every single bus. Making their own solutions makes their bus unique and gives it a realistic effect, which after all is what you want in a simulation game.

You make a large point about doing it properly, well can I just add that doing it properly, would be doing it with Hannover's and Mobitec's, so that kinda overrides your point.

Mate, you haven't come across as rude, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion :) Its a nice community, feel free to speak your views :)

D

DVA_MEKA18

That involves alot of scripting etc which AD156 has done with the current mobitech so people would use that the destinations them selves arnt that bad TBH alot better then what we have had before with the KMB and .PNGs

English buses don't really have a way of implementing something like that, and sticking to reality
ea2e86b04f2f1a1b2d42e6591210b2e5.jpeg

Screenshot (51).png

Couldn't actually work out how to get my HOF to work with the C400R, but I think this proves that it is as realistic as you want. It's also adaptable, so it can do pretty much anything you want, even images if you desire, for the ultimate custom realistic job ;P

I realize that we're going ever so slightly off topic here, but it backs up my argument here, I think a bus in the RHD format with Krueger+ support out of the box would be an excellent thing. I'm sure you can't deny it looks amazing.

D

DVA_MEKA18

View attachment 4560
View attachment 4559
Couldn't actually work out how to get my HOF to work with the C400R, but I think this proves that it is as realistic as you want. It's also adaptable, so it can do pretty much anything you want, even images if you desire, for the ultimate custom realistic job ;P

I realize that we're going ever so slightly off topic here, but it backs up my argument here, I think a bus in the RHD format with Krueger+ support out of the box would be an excellent thing. I'm sure you can't deny it looks amazing.
i would activate your windows BTW ;)

Reactions: SneakyTurtle

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread