Buses B7RLE Eclipse Urban (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0109.JPG

Hello Everybody,
Some may be aware that @Lemon__Gaming @Badger and I have been working on an Eclipse Urban with a B7RLE chassis, it will be created to Euro 4 standards with amazing sounds by Badger. Below I will put some FAQs and some screenshots soon in game.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I have a beta?

No sorry, testers will be chosen by me and the team. All messages will be ignored.

When will it's be released?

Ask the length of a piece of string, you will get the answer, please don't ask.

Is it our model?

In part yes, we are using AD156's model files and textures to assist with permission of course.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
This is as far as we have got as to putting it actually inside OMSI 2, so there is still a lot more to add into the game but this is a starting point. Our main focus currently is to re-look at the flooring as it isn't quite right, but overall i think it is a great start

- Everything you see here is W.I.P, there is a lot more to do yet

In Game Screenshots :

Seats:
They are Currently Civic C2's
eb5d1d92c7ea18bec35068279d6d5555.jpeg

Body Work:
Eclipse Urban

Dash:

Wheels:

Other Screenshots:

Reactions: pıʌɐp

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I sincerely apologise in advance for asking what will probably sound like a stupid question but what is the difference between this and a standard Eclipse? I, admittedly, don't know a whole lot about buses

The chassis. The Eclipse we have at the moment is a Volvo B7L, which has its engine mounted upright in what's often called the "Toilet cubicle" in the back corner, while the B7RLE has its engine mounted under the floor at the rear of the bus, meaning that there's a fairly steep climb to get to the rear seats.

The Eclipse naming scheme as a whole is somewhat baffling, because the same style of body for some reason has different names on different chassis - Pulsars, Meridians and so on - but I can't be bothered with that 99% of the time so just tend to call them all Eclipses :P

Advertisement

The chassis. The Eclipse we have at the moment is a Volvo B7L, which has its engine mounted upright in what's often called the "Toilet cubicle" in the back corner, while the B7RLE has its engine mounted under the floor at the rear of the bus, meaning that there's a fairly steep climb to get to the rear seats.

The Eclipse naming scheme as a whole is somewhat baffling, because the same style of body for some reason has different names on different chassis - Pulsars, Meridians and so on - but I can't be bothered with that 99% of the time so just tend to call them all Eclipses :tongueout:
I didnt know either thanks for explaining XD

The Eclipse naming scheme as a whole is somewhat baffling, because the same style of body for some reason has different names on different chassis - Pulsars, Meridians and so on - but I can't be bothered with that 99% of the time so just tend to call them all Eclipses :tongueout:

Thank you! I presume then that this is what you mean?

7365113108_a5df6241ed_b.jpg

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
@FirstGlasgowKindaGuy

Volvo B7RLE Eclipse Urban 2

Volvo B7RLE Eclipse Urban

Almost, but you can fall into a trap with that one - some Eclipse 2s (Geminis and Urbans) were built with the original style front end :tongueout: The external differences are mainly at the rear end, though you can see that it has different mouldings around the dash from outside.

Eclipse Urban 2 with original front end:
f3309987be62ec937496c8024e3d6102.jpeg

Inside there are more significant differences, especially around the front wheelarches. Going off the screenshots of the dashboard, it's this model that is being made, though it could always be some halfway house like the C400 :tongueout:

Anything from late 2008 onwards is probably an Eclipse 2 regardless of the front end design, up until 2015 when they replaced it with the almost-identical Eclipse 3, which has a B8RLE chassis instead. The only differences you can see from the outside between the Eclipse Urban 2 and 3 are that the 2 has a flat privacy line across the rear three windows, while the 3 has a sloping line instead, and the Eclipse 3 has a larger engine grille without the little cutout that the Eclipse 2 has.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread