Maps Aversham (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Aversham!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.08 - 23.56.37.86_edit.png

Aversham is a map being developed solely by me and has been in development for since January 2016. So let me tell you a little bit about my map.

(Averbus Emerald/Averbus Standard)

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)

Current Progress

Overall Map: 47%
Roads: 100%
AI Routes: 100%
Scenery: 49%
Repaints: 100%

Averbus repaints have been made by @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation and @Whiskey.Stuffs.

Timescales/Release Date
I have no set timescale or release date in my head. This is a big map and I want it to be completed properly in my own time. Please don't ask for me for release dates or betas, because frankly, I don't know when this will be. This map will be released in it's complete state, there will be no open betas. Any complements and criticisms are welcome, I am not 100% sure about the rules when it comes to signage/road markings, please let me know if anything you see is incorrect or out of place.

Will Aversham be freeware?
Yes, it will. Aversham was initially started to help build my mapping skills, and I personally believe I have come a long way since I started nearly 2 and a half years ago. I want everyone to enjoy Aversham once it is complete, so I will not be charging for it.

OrangePeel

Last edited:
Looks amazing, loving the frequent posts on development! :) Will the repaints and ailists be based on the london spec of the alx 400 as now it's impossible to get the regional version now :(

Thank you! By default, I was planning to substitute the regional for the London Spec ALX400 in the default AI list, with the regional liveries and AI list coming as an optional, separate download. However, now that the regional is essentially unobtainable, I won't be allowed to release the regional repaints on fellowsfilm. :)

Advertisement

Update time!
The thread has gone a little quiet recently, mainly because I have been very busy and haven't had a chance to even use OMSI. I have, however, managed to find some time today to work on it, and lo and behold we've made it to Aberyth, the 2nd to last village to be built in-game. For this village, I have with a different feel to Alterdyfi, centering around older, more traditional villages (with a modern twist). As usual, these screenshots are highly W.I.P, but here is a sneak peek at Aberyth Square:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.03.29 - 15.21.46.72_edit.png

Looking at Aberyth Square towards Alterdyfi. AI route 37 passes straight past the square here. The centre terminus point provides provision for late night or early morning services to start/terminate here at the square. The main road here runs for the length of the village, bordering the Aberyth wetlands and passing numerous traditional stone buildings on the way.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.03.29 - 15.22.18.49.png

Another view of the main square. The left side of the road features a variety of newer, more modern houses and flats, while the right hand side will feature traditional buildings and shops, as well as Aberyth fort.

The journey time of the 59X (in the current map completion state) is now just under 60 mins, including the extension to Aberyth. Halewood is the next and final destination on the route, then the maps road structure and User/AI routes will be complete, leaving just scenery to do.

In the next update, I will showcase new route 83, along with Oakwood High, Oakwood Bus Garage and Aberyth in its final state.

Aberyth takes shape!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.17.57.76.png

Over the past week or so, I have primarily been working on Aberyth and the surrounding area. Day by day, I am getting closer to Halewood, but for now, lets focus on Aberyth. The village, the 'promenade' and some of the housing estates around Aberyth are pretty much complete now. Services leave the main road, before travelling into the village, serving the 'promenade' and square before heading towards the main road again. The village will be served every 30 minutes daytimes and hourly at night (the 59 will skip the village). The 59A will be modified to skip Quinton to negate the time loss.

I have also retextured a few objects to give a more unique feel to Aberyth. So, without further ado, here are some screenshots of how Aberyth is looking right now:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 14.11.22.53.png

Aberyth Village Hall and Library. This is the centrepoint of political and historical activity in the Village, also containing records of the Village. One of two war memorials stands in front of the Village Hall, commemorating the fallen soldiers from the village in the 2 World Wars.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 14.12.00.57.png

Another view of the other War Memorial.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 14.12.44.57.png

The old, crumbling Bank of Aberyth lays unused, unwanted and dilapidated. At least cars can park outside it for free.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.15.50.89.png

Looking towards the main road between Halewood and Alterdyfi. A 59 service sits on Colfyn Street waiting time.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.17.09.59.png

Another perspective of the above image.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.17.57.76.png

Around the corner, we're now looking in the opposite direction towards the promenade.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.15.11.81.png

Same location as above, but now looking the opposite way.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 12.14.53.50.png

A nice little overview of 'Millionaires Retreat'. House prices in this part of Wales reach monumental heights!

Hope you all enjoy looking at the screenshots! As usual, feedback is appreciated!

OrangePeel

Big Update!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.07 - 09.14.29.01_edit.png

It has been a while since I have updated this thread, mainly because I've been busy with personal stuff going on in the past month, however progress has been continuing at a steady rate. There have been a few major developments in the last month, including a complete recast of services (now the map is complete in terms of road structure), completion of the map all the way to Halewood and a new area (Henley Estate + University Hospital). I have also completely rewritten the HOF file to make it more generic, including via points on the destination and FAST designations (as seen in the heading image).

Firstly, regarding the service recast. The old services have been completely and entirely withdrawn, with the exception of the 75X (which remains for now). This has been done because the old timetables and services were utterly confusing and in some cases, illogical. At one point, the 59 had 4 variations (59, 59A, 59C and 59X), mostly which had minor differences in route. So, I have now renumbered, rerouted and regrouped services based on their routes:

11U - Renumbered to the 83, route stays the same.​
59/59A/59X - Withdrawn, replaced in most by the 88.​
75/75A - Withdrawn. Replaced between Aversham and Cicester by the 37/99. Use the 80A from Cicester for Avon Parkway.​
75X - Remains as is, timetable unchanged.​
121 - Withdrawn, replaced by the 99.​
313 - Renumbered to the 38. Route stays the same.​
And here are a list of the new routes (Emerald, Averbus):

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)​
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)​
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)​
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)​
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)​
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)​
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)​
The 37 and 38 combine to provide a clockface 15 min service between Halewood and Banbury. The 80/80A/83 and 87 combine to provide a clockface 10 min service between Avershire University and Aversham Junction. The 88 is a FAST service, running limited stop between Fenton Chase and Cicester (including a 7 minute non-stop section).

Next, regarding the completion of the road structure. Seeing as I have now moved to creating junctions with objects, in lieu of invis streets, I have been replacing most junctions across Aversham, including all traffic light junctions, with these object junctions. The final stretch between Aberyth and Halewood uses 5 custom junctions, 3 of which are quite sizeable (Halewood Bus Station and both M404 junctions). This has slowed down development slightly, but the results are much more desirable, making it worth the extra time. I have also been re-texturing more objects, as the effect it had on Aberyth really improved the feel of the map.

While nothing is 100% complete yet, I do have some sneak peek screenshots to show off! Here you go:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.15 - 13.29.17.42.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.16 - 01.13.03.80.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.16 - 12.26.12.37.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.05 - 10.50.15.07.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.05 - 10.51.58.28.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.10 - 10.54.49.65.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.10 - 10.55.05.67.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.10 - 10.53.21.67.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.10 - 11.00.09.44.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.06 - 11.48.34.83.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.06 - 11.48.50.88.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.10 - 11.00.19.91.png

Hope you enjoyed looking through last months progress! As usual, feedback, thoughts and comments are appreciated! I'll sign off with a screenie of the first ever 88 service from Henley to Halewood:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.08 - 23.56.37.86_edit.png

Last edited:

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
Big Update!

View attachment 28785

It has been a while since I have updated this thread, mainly because I've been busy with personal stuff going on in the past month, however progress has been continuing at a steady rate. There have been a few major developments in the last month, including a complete recast of services (now the map is complete in terms of road structure), completion of the map all the way to Halewood and a new area (Henley Estate + University Hospital). I have also completely rewritten the HOF file to make it more generic, including via points on the destination and FAST designations (as seen in the heading image).

Firstly, regarding the service recast. The old services have been completely and entirely withdrawn, with the exception of the 75X (which remains for now). This has been done because the old timetables and services were utterly confusing and in some cases, illogical. At one point, the 59 had 4 variations (59, 59A, 59C and 59X), mostly which had minor differences in route. So, I have now renumbered, rerouted and regrouped services based on their routes:

11U - Renumbered to the 83, route stays the same.​
59/59A/59X - Withdrawn, replaced in most by the 88.​
75/75A - Withdrawn. Replaced between Aversham and Cicester by the 37/99. Use the 80A from Cicester for Avon Parkway.​
75X - Remains as is, timetable unchanged.​
121 - Withdrawn, replaced by the 99.​
313 - Renumbered to the 38. Route stays the same.​
And here are a list of the new routes (Emerald, Averbus):

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)​
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)​
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)​
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)​
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)​
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)​
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)​
The 37 and 38 combine to provide a clockface 15 min service between Halewood and Banbury. The 80/80A/83 and 87 combine to provide a clockface 10 min service between Avershire University and Aversham Junction. The 88 is a FAST service, running limited stop between Fenton Chase and Cicester (including a 7 minute non-stop section).

Next, regarding the completion of the road structure. Seeing as I have now moved to creating junctions with objects, in lieu of invis streets, I have been replacing most junctions across Aversham, including all traffic light junctions, with these object junctions. The final stretch between Aberyth and Halewood uses 5 custom junctions, 3 of which are quite sizeable (Halewood Bus Station and both M404 junctions). This has slowed down development slightly, but the results are much more desirable, making it worth the extra time. I have also been re-texturing more objects, as the effect it had on Aberyth really improved the feel of the map.

While nothing is 100% complete yet, I do have some sneak peek screenshots to show off! Here you go:

Hope you enjoyed looking through last months progress! As usual, feedback, thoughts and comments are appreciated! I'll sign off with a screenie of the first ever 88 service from Henley to Halewood:

View attachment 28800
I must say, this, Oxford And London are 3 maps I am really excited to see progress further. Massive well done and another great map becoming even better each day.

Advertisement

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like how the map is turning out! I've managed to create a final roadmap of Aversham as it will be in the first final version. Here it is:

whole.roadmap.png

Hopefully, that should give some insight into just how big Aversham is. The 88 route is just shy of 30km, taking the most direct route. Right now, it is a case of adding scenery in the parts in between major areas, before the first playthrough video later this year.

There are also some MAN A21's in the paintshop getting the Averbus and Averbus Emerald treatment, so hopefully I will be able to show them off soon too. Furthermore, now that the ALX400 regional has been publicly released, the repaints for the regional can also now be distributed alongside the map.

(Minor correction to my previous post: the 99 runs between Aversham and Cicester, not Halewood.)

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
I do have to say, there are many routes which I don't believe are needed. For example the 80, the 80A should just be incorporated into the 80 as the 80A is the same as the 80 but extends to Avon Parkway. And the 83, apart from the bit from the Bus Station, it follows the 80/A and 87 into the University. I like the amount of routes, but I don't really think many of them are very different around Aversham itself.

Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

I do have to say, there are many routes which I don't believe are needed. For example the 80, the 80A should just be incorporated into the 80 as the 80A is the same as the 80 but extends to Avon Parkway. And the 83, apart from the bit from the Bus Station, it follows the 80/A and 87 into the University. I like the amount of routes, but I don't really think many of them are very different around Aversham itself.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from mate.

The 80A was introduced to maintain the all stops link between Aversham Junction and Avon Parkway, albeit on a reduced, hourly frequency. As the 80A is a less frequent, extended variant of the 80, I deemed it more appropriate designating it as variant. Also not shown on the map, the 80A serves Cicester Foresham Street, while the 80 does not.

With regards to the 83 and 87, the idea for this was to maintain the 6 buses per hour between Avershire University and Aversham Junction, but instead of then sending all of them to Aversham Bus Station, they can go on to serve other areas of Aversham. So we go from this:
  • 6 buses per hour to Aversham Bus Station
To this:
  • 2 buses per hour to Aversham Bus Station
  • 4 buses per hour to Oakwood Station
  • 2 buses per hour to Oakwood High and Bus Garage
  • 2 buses per hour to Cicester
  • 1 bus per hour to Avon Parkway
Each major corridor (Halewood to Banbury Gateway & Avershire University to Aversham Junction) has been designated its own range of route numbers (30-39 & 80-89 respectively). By giving each destination its own number, it makes it much less confusing than what it was before (59/59A/59C/59X).

Hopefully that clarifies my choice of route numbers a bit better? If the map does get expanded after the first version is released, I will focus more on adding new links between existing places, rather than further extending the map outwards. This will probably result in another route shakeup.

OrangePeel

I received a message recently asking whether Aversham will be freeware or payware. Seeing as I haven't addressed this publicly, I have now updated the OP to state that Aversham will be freeware. I am also committing to only using assets created by myself or those available for free (either on their own or bundled with maps, with permission).

OrangePeel

Progression!
Now that the end to end route is complete, I have been working on improving the areas of the map that were carried over from a previous incarnation of Aversham (started in 2013 as a LHD map). In short, these areas are those between Oakwood (just before the IKEA, Aversham end) and Fenton, Sundial Lane. I have overhauled Aversham Junction, Regent Road (Oakwood) and the main roads between what used to be Avon and Fenton.

Now, is the turn of the main road between Aversham Junction and the old Avon. The area finally has a name, Marple Hall. Based on recent feedback, I have added new roads, replaced the old junction with two mini roundabouts and added a train station onto the existing line. As words speak a thousand words, here is excerpt from the roadmap with a before (top) and after (below) of the two areas:

Changes.png

The area is not screenshot worthy yet, but hopefully it will be soon. I have also made a couple of changes to the routes in light of this:
  • The 80A now serves Bluewater Drive and Citizen Drive.
  • The new 80A route is 2 minutes longer, mitigated by a 1 minute reduction in layover time at Cicester bus station and 1 minute at Avon Parkway.
  • The 99 has been extended to serve Bluewater Drive and Citizen Drive, now running Marple Hall Road Station <-> Aversham <-> Cicester.
As changes like this could still happen in other areas of the map, I won't post a full roadmap every time something changes, instead posting something similar to the above picture.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like how the map is turning out! I've managed to create a final roadmap of Aversham as it will be in the first final version. Here it is:

View attachment 28970

Hopefully, that should give some insight into just how big Aversham is. The 88 route is just shy of 30km, taking the most direct route. Right now, it is a case of adding scenery in the parts in between major areas, before the first playthrough video later this year.

There are also some MAN A21's in the paintshop getting the Averbus and Averbus Emerald treatment, so hopefully I will be able to show them off soon too. Furthermore, now that the ALX400 regional has been publicly released, the repaints for the regional can also now be distributed alongside the map.

(Minor correction to my previous post: the 99 runs between Aversham and Cicester, not Halewood.)

Wow! This looks amazing! Purley based of this map, my one suggestion would be to maybe extend the M404 from Aberyth to Fenton and maybe add an express route, so there isn't just one long way to drive from Henley University up to Halewood.

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Welcome to Aversham!

View attachment 29137

Aversham is a map being developed solely by me and has been in development for since January 2016. So let me tell you a little bit about my map.

(Averbus Emerald/Averbus Standard)

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)

Current Progress

Overall Map: 47%
Roads: 100%
AI Routes: 100%
Scenery: 49%
Repaints: 100%

Averbus repaints have been made by @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation and @Whiskey.Stuffs.

Timescales/Release Date
I have no set timescale or release date in my head. This is a big map and I want it to be completed properly in my own time. Please don't ask for me for release dates or betas, because frankly, I don't know when this will be. This map will be released in it's complete state, there will be no open betas. Any complements and criticisms are welcome, I am not 100% sure about the rules when it comes to signage/road markings, please let me know if anything you see is incorrect or out of place.

Will Aversham be freeware?
Yes, it will. Aversham was initially started to help build my mapping skills, and I personally believe I have come a long way since I started nearly 2 and a half years ago. I want everyone to enjoy Aversham once it is complete, so I will not be charging for it.

OrangePeel
Excellent work, I'll keep my eye out for more updates. I may have to put my eye back in occasionally so I can see, but I'll stay tuned for sure.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread