Asus Vs Ideapad (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
If I only had the choice of those two, Ideapad. Higher spec, lower cost. If I had the choice of something else, neither. I'd get something with an i5 processor, at least 6GB RAM and an SSD - or fit my own SSD to one. Oooooor I'd get one of those "convertible" laptops where the keyboard folds away and leaves you with a big tablet, or just buy a big tablet. Far more convenient for my usage or portable devices.

Empire KickAss

If I only had the choice of those two, Ideapad. Higher spec, lower cost. If I had the choice of something else, neither. I'd get something with an i5 processor, at least 6GB RAM and an SSD - or fit my own SSD to one. Oooooor I'd get one of those "convertible" laptops where the keyboard folds away and leaves you with a big tablet, or just buy a big tablet. Far more convenient for my usage or portable devices.
It's the Budget unfortunately, For an i5 you be looking around £300 and up. Yes I also wanted it but my other Asus 540 is no longer working and I need to replace that for doing every day stuff, also is did play ATS and ETS2 on low settings

Empire KickAss

Asus, because it's Asus, and in my family we're addicted to Asus PCs :p
I agree with you on that. Asus is always a good product. All my gear and hardware always has been Asus.

Anyway one recommended a good i5 pc? Asus does an same i5 with 8gb, it's coming up with the extra cash

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
In this day, for gaming PCs, 4GB is not a lot really. I'd go for at least 6GB. If you look on Steam at most titles, 8GB will be recommended with 6GB being the minimum - RAM will increase performance by allowing background calculations to be done on the RAM instead of the HDD. A faster HDD like a WD Black or even better, an SSD, at least 6GB of RAM and a decent CPU&GPU is something you need to look for in a gaming laptop.

If you can't afford it, wait until you can. Why bother taking a half? You'll just be wanting more from the system later on and the thing won't be able to give it to you and you'll have to spend another couple hundred on an upgrade or parts. :P

Empire KickAss

Was going to get it, till amazon rejected my MasterCard cash card. Also PayPal doesn't accept it. Sucks! I still have my Australia PayPal but its not a cheap option

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
Asus are the more reputable brand anyway. I've never had Lenovo stuff. They sound like a hairdryer manufacturer.

Max

Administrator
Asus are the more reputable brand anyway. I've never had Lenovo stuff. They sound like a hairdryer manufacturer.
Were bought by IBM a number of years ago I believe, hopefully you've heard of them ;)

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
Were bought by IBM a number of years ago I believe, hopefully you've heard of them ;)
Everyone loves a good IBM. It's what I tell those telephone scammers I use when they tell me I have a virus on my Windows 10 computer. I say "I only have an IBM." or "I only have an Atari 2000." and they hang up instantly!

What's funnier is I don't own a Windows 10 computer, nobody in my house does. :P

Empire KickAss

Everyone loves a good IBM. It's what I tell those telephone scammers I use when they tell me I have a virus on my Windows 10 computer. I say "I only have an IBM." or "I only have an Atari 2000." and they hang up instantly!

What's funnier is I don't own a Windows 10 computer, nobody in my house does. :p
I used to own an IBM years ago, the truth that my first laptop was an IMB and since the specs aren't that great it still played halo and had much fun on it when I was young. It had XP on it at the time and lasted for 2 years before I had to renew it with an HP PC.

I might still have images around somewhere

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
I used to own an IBM years ago, the truth that my first laptop was an IMB and since the specs aren't that great it still played halo and had much fun on it when I was young. It had XP on it at the time and lasted for 2 years before I had to renew it with an HP PC.

I might still have images around somewhere
Oldest computer I had was an old RM C-series harddrive with a whopping 140 MB of RAM, I may be wrong but it was around there! Still got it stashed away in my closet with other PC bits and pieces. That thing must be older than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)