Apps keep failing when checking for updates (1 Viewer)

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Evening all, I've been having a bit of trouble, possibly to do with Windows. Yesterday I tried to launch OMSI, but Steam got stuck in a loop when doing it's usual "Checking for available Updates". Discord has also been slower when checking for updates too when it loads on booting. I thought this was to do with an out of date Network driver...but of course the same issue happens when I try to check for available updates, it doesn't return anything just enters an eternal loop.

I read from someones post off a Microsoft forum that a recent Windows update may be causing these types of issues, but I can't roll back as it's been more than 10 days since I did it.

Have any of you got any clue what's going on?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bones

im a cowdoy
Administrator
FF Council
Sep 19, 2016
Canada
fellowsfilm.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Evening all, I've been having a bit of trouble, possibly to do with Windows. Yesterday I tried to launch OMSI, but Steam got stuck in a loop when doing it's usual "Checking for available Updates". Discord has also been slower when checking for updates too when it loads on booting. I thought this was to do with an out of date Network driver...but of course the same issue happens when I try to check for available updates, it doesn't return anything just enters an eternal loop.

I read from someones post off a Microsoft forum that a recent Windows update may be causing these types of issues, but I can't roll back as it's been more than 10 days since I did it.

Have any of you got any clue what's going on?
Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you've had any luck fixing this lately, but I am curious if you have any firewalls installed on your computer? I have been having issues with Windows 10 and running my Anti-Virus/Firewall without getting slow downs or lock ups.

Removing my Firewall/AV did solve my issue for me, but unless you're really savvy with the internet and networking, I would not recommend removing your protections other than to test to see if it resolves the issue.

Alternatively, I would also recommend you to check your S.M.A.R.T status and see if you have any issues with your storage; If you need a program for this, check out CrystalDiskMark

Advertisement

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Not sure if you've had any luck fixing this lately, but I am curious if you have any firewalls installed on your computer? I have been having issues with Windows 10 and running my Anti-Virus/Firewall without getting slow downs or lock ups.

Removing my Firewall/AV did solve my issue for me, but unless you're really savvy with the internet and networking, I would not recommend removing your protections other than to test to see if it resolves the issue.

Alternatively, I would also recommend you to check your S.M.A.R.T status and see if you have any issues with your storage; If you need a program for this, check out CrystalDiskMark
Did not expect a reply to this xD. It seemed this problem was only temporary as it disappeared not long after I posted this! My system has other problems though, that haven't been solved from disabling Firewalls and AVs, I've tried the lot. In short, apps (Microsoft/non-Microsoft) sometimes don't fully open but rather "open" as background processes as seen in Task Manager. I've given up trying to fix it, but a simple reboot of the system seems to knock them back into normal running, for a while at least.

Appreciate the reply though, I'll definitely check that program out for future use, might uncover something else...who knows! xD

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread