Apps keep failing when checking for updates (1 Viewer)

LH275

𝘺𝘦𝘴
Evening all, I've been having a bit of trouble, possibly to do with Windows. Yesterday I tried to launch OMSI, but Steam got stuck in a loop when doing it's usual "Checking for available Updates". Discord has also been slower when checking for updates too when it loads on booting. I thought this was to do with an out of date Network driver...but of course the same issue happens when I try to check for available updates, it doesn't return anything just enters an eternal loop.

I read from someones post off a Microsoft forum that a recent Windows update may be causing these types of issues, but I can't roll back as it's been more than 10 days since I did it.

Have any of you got any clue what's going on?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Bones

Resident Hype Man
Administrator
Evening all, I've been having a bit of trouble, possibly to do with Windows. Yesterday I tried to launch OMSI, but Steam got stuck in a loop when doing it's usual "Checking for available Updates". Discord has also been slower when checking for updates too when it loads on booting. I thought this was to do with an out of date Network driver...but of course the same issue happens when I try to check for available updates, it doesn't return anything just enters an eternal loop.

I read from someones post off a Microsoft forum that a recent Windows update may be causing these types of issues, but I can't roll back as it's been more than 10 days since I did it.

Have any of you got any clue what's going on?
Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you've had any luck fixing this lately, but I am curious if you have any firewalls installed on your computer? I have been having issues with Windows 10 and running my Anti-Virus/Firewall without getting slow downs or lock ups.

Removing my Firewall/AV did solve my issue for me, but unless you're really savvy with the internet and networking, I would not recommend removing your protections other than to test to see if it resolves the issue.

Alternatively, I would also recommend you to check your S.M.A.R.T status and see if you have any issues with your storage; If you need a program for this, check out CrystalDiskMark

LH275

𝘺𝘦𝘴
Not sure if you've had any luck fixing this lately, but I am curious if you have any firewalls installed on your computer? I have been having issues with Windows 10 and running my Anti-Virus/Firewall without getting slow downs or lock ups.

Removing my Firewall/AV did solve my issue for me, but unless you're really savvy with the internet and networking, I would not recommend removing your protections other than to test to see if it resolves the issue.

Alternatively, I would also recommend you to check your S.M.A.R.T status and see if you have any issues with your storage; If you need a program for this, check out CrystalDiskMark
Did not expect a reply to this xD. It seemed this problem was only temporary as it disappeared not long after I posted this! My system has other problems though, that haven't been solved from disabling Firewalls and AVs, I've tried the lot. In short, apps (Microsoft/non-Microsoft) sometimes don't fully open but rather "open" as background processes as seen in Task Manager. I've given up trying to fix it, but a simple reboot of the system seems to knock them back into normal running, for a while at least.

Appreciate the reply though, I'll definitely check that program out for future use, might uncover something else...who knows! xD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Users who are viewing this thread