An open-source VTC CMS

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
Well, just recently I've decided to scrap the idea of creating a service where VTCs can sign up and operate their companies from a portal that I made back in 2015. Instead, I have thought about creating an open-source VTC system which VTC can download to run on their own web-servers. After thinking for a while, I believe that this project has the capability of doing well so I plan drop something around mid-December. And this time, I will share something.

However, I still haven't thought about a name for this new CMS and I'm a bit short of ideas since I haven't actually run a VTC before. So far, the ability to add jobs will be included in the first release (obviously) and I'm looking to also include a joblogger for both ETS2 and ATS by early 2017.

So, if you'd like to suggest a name or a few features, feel free to leave a post down below!

Thanks!

Edit: June 2017 -> GitHub Repo

If you'd like to contribute to the costs of purchasing a domain and running an API server feel free to donate by using my paypal.me link *click me* and leave your ts.org username in the notes section so I can keep you updated on a regular basis. Donors will also be thanked in the final releases whenever that may be. (Current ETA: Mid-December 2016)

Last edited:

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Well, just recently I've decided to scrap the idea of creating a service where VTCs can sign up and operate their companies from a portal that I made back in 2015. Instead, I have thought about creating an open-source VTC system which VTC can download to run on their own web-servers. After thinking for a while, I believe that this project has the capability of doing well so I plan drop something around mid-December. And this time, I will share something.

However, I still haven't thought about a name for this new CMS and I'm a bit short of ideas since I haven't actually run a VTC before. So far, the ability to add jobs will be included in the first release (obviously) and I'm looking to also include a joblogger for both ETS2 and ATS by early 2017.

So, if you'd like to suggest a name or a few features, feel free to leave a post down below!

Thanks!

If you'd like to contribute to the costs of purchasing a domain and running an API server feel free to donate by using my paypal.me link *click me* and leave your ts.org username in the notes section so I can keep you updated on a regular basis. Donors will also be thanked in the final releases whenever that may be. (Current ETA: Mid-December 2016)
Job Logger is a great idea, if you could get some sort of live map to show positions and details of drivers/trucks then you'd be on to a winner I recon! Looking forward to seeing this one progress :)

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Thought you might've stuck with the MyVTC name? Or even Leek Logger - you love leeks! :D

Mar 4, 2016
Hello, I've been developing and designing a project called truckers data logger for over a year now and I think it might be exactly what you want to use to implement into your project. You can find it on https://jammerxd.com.

It allows for vtc companies to log their own data via API reporting(not available publicly yet) and also allows for each vtcs API to report data back such as vtc name and abbreviation. All users sign in through steam and the program auto updates. It's compatible with most mods and requires minimal effort by users to get up and running. Please contact me if you have questions or are interested.