American Truck Simulator Trailers (1 Viewer)

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/10/american-truck-simulator-trailers.html

One of the many problems we are coping with when building American Truck Simulator is handling the trailers. The regulations for overall tractor and trailer length are mostly stricter across Europe, and this made our life easier when designing the intersections and teaching the AI truck drivers to take the turns there.

In the ATS road system, we are pursuing two goals that are a bit difficult to combine for our tech - including a choice of longer trailers and yet at the same time spicing up the game by having tighter places to maneuver through. We believe that we have come up with the right creative solutions to crack this problem, and we hope that you will enjoy the trailer variety and driving challenge.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Thought for a second I could get this one up before anyone else xD

ATS is looking really great! The different lengths in trailers and cab sizes are for me one of the most interesting additions they've made with ATS and something I really hoped we'd se sooner in ETS2 also.. May be the game to get me back into trucksim for a while, since starting sixth form not really been on ETS2 alot :p

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I was interested with the AI in ATS. Frankly in ETS2 they're stupid so hopefully get some improvement in ATS. Liking the trailer variety too, maybe we'll actually get some wide loads too, not the "wide" loads we see in ETS2 where they're only slightly wider than the rig.

Hi ,
Well i am really looking forward to ATS and most Dry or Fridge trailers are 53ft,

As an aside, have a look at Indiana Jack videos, really great insight for US Trucking, no Bull SH++++ like most trucking videos i have come across and i am an Ex Trucker so i know how he feels on his travels.

Roger.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Hi ,
Well i am really looking forward to ATS and most Dry or Fridge trailers are 53ft,

As an aside, have a look at Indiana Jack videos, really great insight for US Trucking, no Bull SH++++ like most trucking videos i have come across and i am an Ex Trucker so i know how he feels on his travels.

Roger.
Whenever I watched trucking vlogs I liked TruckerJosh. His dog Diesel was pretty funny too, I love dogs so maybe I'm a bit biased! XD

Jul 31, 2014
Whenever I watched trucking vlogs I liked TruckerJosh. His dog Diesel was pretty funny too, I love dogs so maybe I'm a bit biased! XD

Meh, IMO he bitches a bit too much about stuff (which is an industry standard...:rolleyes:).

IndianaJack's motto is ''Trucking is an adventure'', I mean, doesn't that say enough? He really likes his job it seems, doesn't whine and bitch about anything really and he makes great, long videos (although not that regularly). So check him out!

Anyway, back to trailers:
Does a setup like that chemical trailer exist in real life? Tried to google image search to see if I could find something similar, but I couldn't find anything really. 3 axles + 1 steering axle seems like overkill and just a bit odd for a chemical trailer...

Also, are those 53 ft trailers or not? If not I really don't see the point in this blogpost... (Least thing they could've done was show of the steering axle, but they didn't even do that...)

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Meh, IMO he bitches a bit too much about stuff (which is an industry standard...:rolleyes:).

IndianaJack's motto is ''Trucking is an adventure'', I mean, doesn't that say enough? He really likes his job it seems, doesn't whine and bitch about anything really and he makes great, long videos (although not that regularly). So check him out!

Anyway, back to trailers:
Does a setup like that chemical trailer exist in real life? Tried to google image search to see if I could find something similar, but I couldn't find anything really. 3 axles + 1 steering axle seems like overkill and just a bit odd for a chemical trailer...

Also, are those 53 ft trailers or not? If not I really don't see the point in this blogpost... (Least thing they could've done was show of the steering axle, but they didn't even do that...)
Tapped him into the search bar so will check him in the morning!

For a chemical trailer I thought the same thing, probably not. No tank would need to be that long really unless it's a flatbed trailer with a load on? Though it's doubtable...

Advertisement

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread