American Truck Simulator FAQ/Features/Info (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, I wanted to put together a list of all of the features and information currently known about American Truck Simulator. I plan to keep this list updated as more information comes out.

Release Information
Release Date ETA 2014-date appears to be a "moving target" mainly due to licensing negotiations with the US truck manufactures.
Early access release including California, then moving east. Multi year timeline to get entire US done.

Truck/Trailer Info
Peterbuilt
p579_00.jpg

Same dash but different lighting effects:
10488102_766975770011855_808522857229760574_n-png.299

Kenworth
k900_int_panorama.jpg

Kenworth T680
kt680_02.jpg

Volvo, not sure which model
10568849_774717929237639_4058655547289057663_n-png.379

Kenworth W900
10570463_766975536678545_2152733696803155126_n-png.308

Day cabs, also different lengths of trailers
p579_06.jpg

Gravel Trailers, tanker dry van, refrigerated van, flatbed with construction equipment
p579_01.jpg

Side curtain trailer

p579_02.jpg

Car carrier
p579_04.jpg

Flatbed with pipe
p579_05.jpg

Gas tanker
ats_00138.png

Intermodal Shipping container trailers
ats_peterbilt_02.jpg

Locations

According to a post by Nico on these forums on Febuary 25, 2014
Total amount of cities are now 20, not sure if more are getting added for California.
According to the blog post on April 11 2014 the map team is growing, and detail level is going up, such as in these screenshots:

bar_pics3.jpg

bar_pics2.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge-San Francisico
p579_04.jpg

Looks to be beach area, and Los Angeles
ats_00106.png

Santa Monica
ats_00138.png

Game Feature Discussion

Electronic Toll features
1491pgk.jpg

Possible opening doors and hoods
ats_peterbilt_06.jpg

Possible deliveries to grocery stores
p579_07.jpg

Deliveries to car Dealerships:
10568924_766973153345450_3928783688092514277_n-png.307

Last edited:
opening doors and hoods would be awesome! be really nice also to be able to get out and walk around as well.

Deliveries to grocery stores would be a nice feature, something different for sure. Like the containers as well. Be great to pick up at ship yards and see working cranes in back ground and or seeing crane drop the container directly onto the chassis your pulling. I am loving what i see, and the more real they make, the more i will love it.

Reactions: BradTrucker

Advertisement

(...)I don't get what EToll is tho, any idea?
I think it can be sth like viaToll in Poland. It takes money from your account to pay for a passage on every kilometer of a main road. Unfortunately, in my sad country we have to pay to much in according to our salaries, but now pay must only truck driver. It can be also sth like tachograph, but in my opinion it's less possible.

Advertisement

Yea from my understanding the with the eToll you just keep rolling through, and the tollbooth has lanes where you can stop and pay if you don't have an etoll device, or the main driving lanes where you keep your speed and it eletronicly deducts your toll from your account. I live in the southern USA where we don't have any tolls but have visited the New York area and there system is called ezpass, but it seems that different areas have different names for the e toll system.

By the way, I am planning on updating the first post with information from the Pavel and Dasquirllnuts interview as soon as I get a chance to go through it, hopefully this week sometime. It also seems like this week would be a great time for a new blog post from SCS...

is there any news about a posible release date ??.
if read things like 29th of january ( tommorow)
but that must be falls.
im a trucked in real life and a addicted player of ets 2 .
If also started livestreaming recently because everyone should know how awsome ets 2 is.

LOL. According to SCS the relese date would be in APRIL/MAY. This is according to how much DELAYing on the CURRENT game (ETS2 & 1.9 update). I personally starting to get very angry at SCS caz of this stupid delay.

People just think they still havn't gave us a major 1.9 update, how will they manage the game tht has to be built from scratch?

LOL. According to SCS the relese date would be in APRIL/MAY. This is according to how much DELAYing on the CURRENT game (ETS2 & 1.9 update). I personally starting to get very angry at SCS caz of this stupid delay.

People just think they still havn't gave us a major 1.9 update, how will they manage the game tht has to be built from scratch?

Well i think the update 1.9 got delayed for the shear work the are putting into it.
the are gonna rework the AI wich is alot of work.
The studio is rather small so it will take time and sinds scs software are perfectionists it can take a while.

Advertisement

Well i think the update 1.9 got delayed for the shear work the are putting into it.
the are gonna rework the AI wich is alot of work.
The studio is rather small so it will take time and sinds scs software are perfectionists it can take a while.

LMFAO. Thats what they said 2 years ago. "We are working hard senc 2 years on the AI" <<That proves it all.

GRRRR I want to play ATS now! I still love ETS2! I understand delay's but just want to know when. I saw possible April/May but if it is the SCS I would like y'all to say so. I'd have to agree with you adi7991 I might not be happy with the long nose on Merican trucks and soo use to the Flat nose but will be a good change and see which new items are in the ATS and I'm sure ETS3 is in the picture

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
GRRRR I want to play ATS now! I still love ETS2! I understand delay's but just want to know when. I saw possible April/May but if it is the SCS I would like y'all to say so. I'd have to agree with you adi7991 I might not be happy with the long nose on Merican trucks and soo use to the Flat nose but will be a good change and see which new items are in the ATS and I'm sure ETS3 is in the picture

There's a rumored 'March' release date, but this is only rumored...

And you didn't hear this from me, so keep quiet ;')

Advertisement

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread