American Truck Simulator - Expectations (1 Viewer)

What are your greatest expectations at ATS?
ats_cities_map_volume.jpg

- Like many others, I want a big map (even if htey present only California) - Map DLC Clarifications
- Besides the fabulous american trucks (like PB and KW) I want and european trucks (like Scania, Mercedes, Volvo, DAF)
- Although I believe that the remaining US map will be avaible as dlc's, I want a resonable price for those.

And now, what are your expectations?

Sorry for my poor english language.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Obviously the map will be massive. I mean the current Europe map would fit into the US twice if you bunched all the driveable land together. And I feel Multiplayer will be inevitable with the current ETS2MP team. More trucks would be nice, but I doubt it'll be that way - likely the same amount.

Jul 26, 2014
I expect gameplay very similar to ETS2 since they will run on the same engine. I think when it's all said and done the map will be plenty big, but when it releases it won't be that big. As far as trucks go I feel like they have a trick or two up their sleeve, even though we've only seen 3-4 trucks so far it will release with 1-2 more. And obviously down the line we will see more trucks released.

Since ATS runs on the same engine as ETS2, I wouldn't be surprised if the mods only need a slight tweak to be used in ATS. I've been getting a kick out of that Peterbilt 389 that was released recently (the PACCAR engine sound I'd argue is one of the best modded engine sounds I've heard). I'll probably end up running around in modded trucks for a while on the U.S. map. I'm curious to see what map modder's have in store for ATS, but I think realistically I'll be jumping back and forth between games.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Since ATS runs on the same engine as ETS2, I wouldn't be surprised if the mods only need a slight tweak to be used in ATS. I've been getting a kick out of that Peterbilt 389 that was released recently (the PACCAR engine sound I'd argue is one of the best modded engine sounds I've heard). I'll probably end up running around in modded trucks for a while on the U.S. map. I'm curious to see what map modder's have in store for ATS, but I think realistically I'll be jumping back and forth between games.
You can bet there'll be another Ice Road Truckers extension if they make it as far as the northern States bordering Canada anytime soon.

And real Trailers. ( Burgerking ; Pepsi ...)
They'd have a fun time getting all the licenses for those! They have to contact manufacturers and I think they have to pay a fee to use their brand in the game. Hence why the Mercedes trucks were called "Majestic" for so long.

Reactions: TankDog616

Advertisement

bordering Canada

You can bet there'll be another Ice Road Truckers extension if they make it as far as the northern States bordering Canada anytime soon

Hey. I think they should finish the US befor thinking of Canada or Alaska.

Alaska is also a place for Ice Road Trucking ;-))
Hope that we can expect all thes nice variants in a few Years.
But at first lets start the engines and Houl some stuff ;)

They'd have a fun time getting all the licenses for those! They have to contact manufacturers and I think they have to pay a fee to use their brand in the game

The Manufactuers should pay SCS for having the brands in the Game.
It´s not fair that they want money for making kind of comercial for all thes brands on tralers.
IRL when you buy a traler with a brand on it you can ask them to pay a fee for driving around with it.
If they don´t you paint it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Hey. I think they should finish the US befor thinking of Canada or Alaska.

Alaska is also a place for Ice Road Trucking ;-))
Hope that we can expect all thes nice variants in a few Years.
But at first lets start the engines and Houl some stuff ;)

The Manufactuers should pay SCS for having the brands in the Game.
It´s not fair that they want money for making kind of comercial for all thes brands on tralers.
IRL when you buy a traler with a brand on it you can ask them to pay a fee for driving around with it.
If they don´t you paint it.
I never said that they'd produce Canada, I said the modders would if SCS make it as far as the Northern states. :) "Bordering" means "next to" - so if SCS complete the States next to Canada, the modders will make the rest.

As for the licensing, I don't know how it works - but that was my guess. It's one of those things that unless you work at SCS or have read an official press release, you don't know for sure what happens.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
My only expectation is that it's about the same to mod as ETS2 is, I've tried not to expect a lot from the gameplay - mainly because we already know it's going to be very much like ETS2 in the way it runs! People must remember though, a lot of the better updates we've had to ETS2 such as the graphical improvements, improved skyboxes etc have only come about because of development on ATS :P

Reactions: Alan5267

Advertisement

That would be great, especially if the only difference would be folder structures, would make converting mods over to ATS and vice-versa very easy

I'm actually kind of hoping that some modder's take the trucks from ATS and port them over to ETS2, I've been wanting to drive a Cascadia for a while but wasn't a fan of the modded versions, with a few bugs and overall lack of tuning options. Also, plenty of new assets for modders to play with for maps!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread