American Truck Sim: City rumours (1 Viewer)

SimSim

Retired
Dec 28, 2013
Los Angeles

We have already seen a lot of screenshots, so it's time to take a look what clues we can find out of it. In this post we'll show you some hints to a first city: Los Angeles .

A first hint is given in the first bunch of screenshots.

ats_peterbilt_03.jpg

In the first screenshot we see a pier. So after a quick Google search we found a pier that looks just like the one in the screenshot. This is the one in Santa Monica (L.A.). Of course this gives no proof, but it is a good start!

ats_00138.png

After a 21 day wait SCS dropped some more screenshots. This gives us a nice hint: a Santa Monica car dealer. This might say Santa Monica will be added as a city, but the odds for that are small: Santa Monica and L.A. are almost located in eachother. It would make no sense for SCS to add two cities that close to eachother and L.A. is the biggest of the two.

ats_00106.png

In this same drop we find another L.A. hint: A road sign saying "...ach Area- ...geles". Wouldn't "Beach Area- Los Angeles" fit perfect here?

San Francisco!

When you take route 101 up north you bump into a city. At first you might not know which city this is, but a little further on the road it'll hit you. A big red bridge appears.... San Francisco!

The 3 screenshots all speak for theirselves: a red bridge never lies!
p579_02.jpg

p579_04.jpg

ats_00130.png

But in the top left of the third screenshot a road sign shows up, not readable very well. The upper line seems to say "San Fransisco" wich indicates the truck is parked northern of the Golden Gate Bridge. What the other lines says is a mystery since it is not readable. So we have at least 1 "mystery" City(region).

1526611_258824360942824_1428572652_n.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Yeah it actually looks pretty good that combo :D

I guess so far there will just be cities in CA so Im guessing these:
San Diego
Sacramento
Bakersfield
maybe Redding?

I have no idea what scale their are working with, but judging the extensive amount of details in the LA and SA region, Im guessing that they will be pretty detailed...

DISCLAIMER:
I know I have contacts with SCS and I know alot of details about ATS, however everything stated above is for me just as unknown as the released date!

In the first post, the screenshot that says - In this same drop we find another L.A. hint: A road sign saying "...ach Area- ...geles". Wouldn't "Beach Area- Los Angeles" fit perfect here?

Surely, this is Longbeach, anyone with a modicum of geographical knowledge of the Greater Los Angeles area can guess that.

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread