Am I the only one who dislikes the TSM maps?

carbon

Dec 29, 2013
Am I the only one who actually really dislikes the TSM maps? Especially the most recent 3.0 version...

I know a lot of work has gone in to it, but there's just something about it that if you compared it to the ProMods map, it just seems childish?

I don't really like how almost every new city is a replica of each other and I hate driving along and all of a sudden there's an alien or UFO...

Not my cup of tea, sorry.

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
I agree with you Carbon,
One reason I don't say anything about it is, there is a LOT of effort that is put in to making a map of this size. But on the other hand the quality standards matter too.

Vyre

Mar 2, 2014
Usually a bigger product means a smaller quality, that's just the way things go sadly.

Aussiemine

Mar 1, 2014
Not all the time ;) (Noo, not in that way pervz.) but I mean, a Simulating game came out recently for Roller Coasters, and its a huge improvement.

Vyre

Mar 2, 2014
Not all the time, no. And I don't think anybody took it in a dirty way. However normally only big games companies that employ hundreds of can handle big projects and keep them at a good level. I love roller coaster simulation games. I'll leave it at that, I don't want to go off topic.

Aussiemine

Mar 1, 2014
Well, since you said it was a big company, It was in fact mainly made by 3 people. and it looks realistic.

Vyre

Mar 2, 2014
I didn't say that this was a big company. I said that normally only big companies that employ hundreds of developers can handle a big project and make it good quality. However, this is a big project and bravo to the developers here for making it look so good. :)

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Come on people, we are arguing about something that's really not relative to this thread.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I used it once, and never again! The quality of promods is far better!

Nico1

ProMods developer
Dec 29, 2013
most recent is 4.5 if I'm right.

And I want to comment on big teams....

It's not about the quantity of people but it's all about the quality of the people. Alot of TSM mappers have really no idea what they are actually doing (apart from copying SCS parts)

Still there is hope... Look at Zeppelin.