ALX400 Oyster Card/Bus pass scanner Edit (1 Viewer)

Hi all, is there a way to increase the frequency of each passenger scanning there pass when they get on the bus as some passengers just walk on without scanning so is there a way to have it so all the passengers scan there pass when they get on? btw i want to do this for the ALX400 London spec.

Solution
Passengers scanning their passes isn't technically a thing in OMSI, given it's based on the 1980s BVG ticketing system. As such, the passengers are stamping their invisible tickets with the time and date of first use using the card reader. I can't remember if the chance of ticket stamping applies to the passengers that don't buy a ticket, or all passengers that board...

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
This is set by the ticket pack, not by the bus. There's a description at the top of the default ticket packs:
Code:
[ticketpack]        Definiert allgemeine Eigenschaften des Ticket-Systems
{stamper_prop}      Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass beim Einsteigen abgestempelt wird
{ticketbuy_prop}    Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass beim Einsteigen eine Fahrkarte gekauft wird
{chattiness}        Wieviel reden die Fahrgäste? (Begrüßung, Danke...)
{whinge_prop}       Wieviel meckern die Fahrgäste?

Reactions: Jonathan

Advertisement

This is set by the ticket pack, not by the bus. There's a description at the top of the default ticket packs:
Code:
[ticketpack]        Definiert allgemeine Eigenschaften des Ticket-Systems
{stamper_prop}      Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass beim Einsteigen abgestempelt wird
{ticketbuy_prop}    Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass beim Einsteigen eine Fahrkarte gekauft wird
{chattiness}        Wieviel reden die Fahrgäste? (Begrüßung, Danke...)
{whinge_prop}       Wieviel meckern die Fahrgäste?
yeah, what do i from that to make the passengers scan there passes?

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
The four numbers underneath [ticketpack] are :
(1) probability of being stamped on boarding (0.0 to 1.0)
(2) probability of buying a ticket from the driver (0.0 to 1.0 - I find 0.07 i.e. 7% works well on some maps)
(3) probability of chattiness when boarding (0.0 to 1.0)
(4) probability of how much passengers complain (0.0 to 1.0)
back up the ticket pack file before editing so you can always recover to original values !

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Passengers scanning their passes isn't technically a thing in OMSI, given it's based on the 1980s BVG ticketing system. As such, the passengers are stamping their invisible tickets with the time and date of first use using the card reader. I can't remember if the chance of ticket stamping applies to the passengers that don't buy a ticket, or all passengers that board...

Reactions: Jonathan
Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread