Maps Alton Towners: Urban Expedition

PTDriver0429

Sorry! Not in Service
Feb 19, 2017
I dont think the London Requirement will be too much of an issue for some of us as it is going to be an official DLC on the Steam store. and I think most of us will probably buy it. However you should add a non london edition as some people may come along and say that its a freeware for a payware. However great map so far and looking forward to seeing it progress! :)

Reactions: Troyski

Troyski

Developing the Alton Towners map due this century!
Mar 16, 2017
I dont think the London Requirement will be too much of an issue for some of us as it is going to be an official DLC on the Steam store. and I think most of us will probably buy it. However you should add a non london edition as some people may come along and say that its a freeware for a payware. However great map so far and looking forward to seeing it progress! :)
Good idea, I'll consider it during development. Thanks for the support.

Troyski

Mar 16, 2017
August Update
  • Shanders Park is 90% complete, as shown from the previous screenshots. Only small details need to be added.
  • The current location, Craworth Bridge is currently 60% complete
  • 'Under Construction' screenshots reveal the next and preceding area, as well as an entirely new one.
  • I will be focused on Blender, making new objects and buildings, so this month will not see a lot of progression visually.
  • I need to get to grips with custom junctions too...
August Update- Shanders 1.jpg

August Update- Shanders 2.jpg

August Update- Shanders 3.jpg

August Update- Craworth 1.jpg

August Update- Craworth 2.jpg

August Update- Craworth 3.jpg

August Update- Walforia.jpg

August Update- Napplesnet.jpg

August Update- Bridgend.jpg

PTDriver0429

Sorry! Not in Service
Feb 19, 2017
August Update
  • Shanders Park is 90% complete, as shown from the previous screenshots. Only small details need to be added.
  • The current location, Craworth Bridge is currently 60% complete
  • 'Under Construction' screenshots reveal the next and preceding area, as well as an entirely new one.
  • I will be focused on Blender, making new objects and buildings, so this month will not see a lot of progression visually.
  • I need to get to grips with custom junctions too...
Looking good mate. Keep up the good work! :) Just wondering, are you going to have an Outer Circle route? Anti clockwise and clockwise. Thanks. The map is looking awesome.

Reactions: Troyski

Troyski

Mar 16, 2017
  • Looking good mate. Keep up the good work! :) Just wondering, are you going to have an Outer Circle route? Anti clockwise and clockwise. Thanks. The map is looking awesome.
    Thanks for your support. I haven't planned a route like that, rather smaller routes within. I'll give this idea a look though 👍

Last edited:

PTDriver0429

Sorry! Not in Service
Feb 19, 2017
August Update
  • The first post has been updated with new screenshots and information
  • My exams are over so more time can be dedicated to map making.
  • Even more screenshots are attached below

• Thanks for your support. I haven't planned a route like that, rather smaller routes within. I'll give this idea a look though 👍
Yeah. I just like these kind of routes as they are quieter and are pretty long sometimes. The one where I live starts at a retail park and ends at the same place but take a whoppin 4 hours to get round the entire city and back to where it started.

Troyski

Mar 16, 2017
Yeah. I just like these kind of routes as they are quieter and are pretty long sometimes. The one where I live starts at a retail park and ends at the same place but take a whoppin 4 hours to get round the entire city and back to where it started.
Cool, I'll create an A road or Motorway, like the M25 do fulfil that

Troyski

Mar 16, 2017
SEPTEMBER UPDATE

I thought I'd make this known to the public.

Alton Towners is on a definite hiatus from the 15th, as I'll be occupied with university studies. I'll be trying to return to it whenever I'm free, but major updates won't be coming.

I’ll still be around however and a surprise to Streetlite owners is being worked on. Thanks for supporting for the past months with the project, and I aim to complete the map to a standard I am proud of.