[ALPHA RELEASE] Logistics Mod is LIVE!!!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2014
Hi guys,

As a faithful member of the trucksim.org forums, I wish to bring some GOOD NEWS!!

You may remember us about 6 months ago when we started Logistics Mod. After various help from the open source community, we are pleased to announce out first ALPHA RELEASE.

The whole idea of Logistics Mod is to provide an environment for VTC's with data coming live from ETS2 and extensive company management features.

We would really like it if you can check us out at Here . We would love some more views.

We are also on Facebook and if that is not enough we also have a very detailed blog and forum which you can find on our website.

Please do check us out and share - we are currently releasing new features very rapidly and so would appreciate testing as soon as possible!

Tom

Reactions: Daramin and Muzz

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Hi guys,

As a faithful member of the trucksim.org forums, I wish to bring some GOOD NEWS!!

You may remember us about 6 months ago when we started Logistics Mod. After various help from the open source community, we are pleased to announce out first ALPHA RELEASE.

The whole idea of Logistics Mod is to provide an environment for VTC's with data coming live from ETS2 and extensive company management features.

We would really like it if you can check us out at Here . We would love some more views.

We are also on Facebook and if that is not enough we also have a very detailed blog and forum which you can find on our website.

Please do check us out and share - we are currently releasing new features very rapidly and so would appreciate testing as soon as possible!

Tom

Hey Tom! Welcome back to TruckSim.org! :D

Are all the features included in this release? Map View is what I was looking forward to trying out :P

Advertisement

Hi,

Unfortunately not. It is still on our (seemingly infinite) list of stuff to implement but we still need to implement a lot more before getting to that point. For this release, we concentrated on the basics of getting information from ets2 to our servers. We are now going to start focussing on more management features and ways of displaying the data (currently you only see very basic information but we are actually logging a lot more). If you want more information, the best place to get hold of me is pm or thread on our forums as I check that very regularly :)

Thanks,
Marcus

Reactions: Muzz and Max

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Hi,

Unfortunately not. It is still on our (seemingly infinite) list of stuff to implement but we still need to implement a lot more before getting to that point. For this release, we concentrated on the basics of getting information from ets2 to our servers. We are now going to start focussing on more management features and ways of displaying the data (currently you only see very basic information but we are actually logging a lot more). If you want more information, the best place to get hold of me is pm or thread on our forums as I check that very regularly :)

Thanks,
Marcus

Will keep an eye then! Have signed up to the forum already :) Thanks!

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
Welcome back @Tom Gill and @marcushann , great to see you guys are still here!

I've personally been waiting a long time for an update on this project and I'm very pleased to hear about the alpha launch! I'll check it out more in the morning when I'm back at the desk, but from what I hear it's looking great. Hopefully should rival some of the more established VTC admin panels.

Keep up the great work

We hope so! In it's current state it isn't much but we are currently developing a rest API for accessing data which we are quite excited about. I haven't had as much time to develop as I had hoped so this is the base which we are going to build on. Luckily though, we have now got a proper way of getting data from the game working (currently released with integration into the alpha) which is the base and what we believe sets us apart.

Advertisement

We are aware that there was an issue with our site security regarding email addresses, however this has been resolved. Our Technical Manager, Marcus, has already replied to DeeJay, with information about this.

Can we take a moment to chose confirm that NO password data or any other sensitive data has been viewable - in fact has been very headily encrypted. Your data is now safe with us

Marcus is not back until 4:00 pm this evening, at which we will be able to make an official statement and contact all those involved.

We are really sorry that we made this mistake and for the inconvenient we have caused, although we can assure you that the issue is now fixed.

We will be back soon

Tom

Hi,

We apologize that your email was displayed on the dashboard of one of the sites. I would like to take a moment to explain why this has happened and why we overlooked this in the designing of the site.

Because the site is currently in the beta stage of development and there are currently no provisions for managers joining other companies, everyone is added to one central company (which would not be what happens in the final version), unfortunately, this has the side effect that everyone has the full permissions for that company. Once the site is done, only the invited managers of companies will be able to view the email addresses. The code is now changed to hide all email addresses. This was not meant to be an excuse, only an explanation of why we overlooked this issue.
cleardot.gif

Also, just to expand on Tom's point on passwords, we would like to point out that the site has not been hacked nor do we have any proof that anyone who wants to send junk email's saw the addresses, for this reason passwords are as secure as ever. All passwords are stored using hashing and a unique salt (industry standard for safely storing passwords) so there is absolutely no need to worry about this.

I would like to point out that many of those drivers are computer generated with fake email addresses so there are actually nowhere near that number of drivers (although we acknowledge that this still does not make it right)

If you would still like your account removed after this, please drop me an email at [email protected] and I will get right to it.

Thanks,
Marcus

Last edited:

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread