Buses Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 MMC (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Have to say, its a well-built bus, but it's definitely got the most piddliest of templates for a UK OMSI bus I've ever worked on.

I'm using paint.net to repaint this bus, and I've imported both the main body template and the 'colour' layer of that template for the 8.9m variant. I have a repaint layer and the 'colour' layer set to Multiply, the repaint layer is above these two body layers. However, when I paint on the paint layer, it goes over the black parts of the 'colour' layer, like this:
1569920453564.png

How do I correct this? Or am I not using the layers right at all? Cutting out parts of the repaint using the Magic Wand just creates jagged edges that show through as white on the repaint layer.

N.B. Yes, I'm using a black background for the repaint, tidies up the repaint a little more nicely. Wouldn't think it's behind this mystery isssue, though.

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
Have to say, its a well-built bus, but it's definitely got the most piddliest of templates for a UK OMSI bus I've ever worked on.

I'm using paint.net to repaint this bus, and I've imported both the main body template and the 'colour' layer of that template for the 8.9m variant. I have a repaint layer and the 'colour' layer set to Multiply, the repaint layer is above these two body layers. However, when I paint on the paint layer, it goes over the black parts of the 'colour' layer, like this:
View attachment 53533
How do I correct this? Or am I not using the layers right at all? Cutting out parts of the repaint using the Magic Wand just creates jagged edges that show through as white on the repaint layer.

N.B. Yes, I'm using a black background for the repaint, tidies up the repaint a little more nicely. Wouldn't think it's behind this mystery isssue, though.
Don't multiply the black, and add your paint layer underneath the black layer. Then, merge the black layer to the paint layer before merging the paint layer to the Body layer.

sancouve

Armchair Developer
Nov 10, 2016
Hong Kong

View attachment 53533

What I do is place the main layer set to multiply at the very top, and the color layer set to normal immediately below. You should still have the shadows on top without the livery going through the windows.

Reactions: Danielc2525

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread