Buses Alexander ALX400 - Volvo B7TL (1 Viewer)

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I'm guilty of pointing out missing features, it's because when you create something you don't always see it with fresh eyes - But V3D, don't take what people in this community say to you seriously; most importantly and gladly, they're all behind a screen and I believe in keeping this all at an arms length. I never get too close to anyone on here anymore.

And lastly your talent is tenfold more paramount than some stupid little boy comments in and around the community, a lot of these boys here are insecure and have other issues they're dealing with but want the world to know their frustrations.

Keep going as OMSI so far is the only realistic simulator we have.

Reactions: RS1995

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Got a couple of repaint-related issues here.
repaint-vs-template.png

I'm a bit confused over the repaint template, as although similar it doesn't quite match the layout of the repaints supplied with the bus. I've circled them in pink (although I missed some stuff along the top deck windows of the template) - is there a reason why they are different and will it affect any repaints I make using the template?
Also, when I'm repainting, how do I recolour the radio pod on the roof (it always wants to stay white/light grey) and the interior grab poles always seem to be the same as the main exterior body colour. So which parts of the template control the colour of the radio pod and interior poles?

Also on the repaint template, the shadows for the badges are a little off:
alexandervolvo.png

And if you ignore the selection screen for a moment, repaints created with the template and then have the non-extended mirror setvar applied end up with a weird shadow above the door:
nobarbie.png

On an unrelated note to the template, most of the First repaints are coming up like this in the bus selector. Not tried loading them up yet. The ones I've made myself are fine, as are the heritage livery ones, but all the Barbie/Olympia ones except 'Future' and 'With Foglights' are coming up as having no exterior texture. I thought downloading version V1.01 might fix that but apparently not.

Otherwise it is a wonderful bus and a fantastic companion to the Transbus Trident - it's just the repaint template is a bit off and could perhaps do with a guide layer.
Oh and the wheels are easy to repaint because they're on the body texture. That's another good thing - I like repaintable wheels.

ThompsonXfe

A coach driver
Jan 30, 2019
Durham

I'm a bit confused over the repaint template, as although similar it doesn't quite match the layout of the repaints supplied with the bus. I've circled them in pink (although I missed some stuff along the top deck windows of the template) - is there a reason why they are different and will it affect any repaints I make using the template?
Also, when I'm repainting, how do I recolour the radio pod on the roof (it always wants to stay white/light grey) and the interior grab poles always seem to be the same as the main exterior body colour. So which parts of the template control the colour of the radio pod and interior poles?

And if you ignore the selection screen for a moment, repaints created with the template and then have the non-extended mirror setvar applied end up with a weird shadow above the door:

On an unrelated note to the template, most of the First repaints are coming up like this in the bus selector. Not tried loading them up yet. The ones I've made myself are fine, as are the heritage livery ones, but all the Barbie/Olympia ones except 'Future' and 'With Foglights' are coming up as having no exterior texture. I thought downloading version V1.01 might fix that but apparently not.

Otherwise it is a wonderful bus and a fantastic companion to the Transbus Trident - it's just the repaint template is a bit off and could perhaps do with a guide layer.
Oh and the wheels are easy to repaint because they're on the body texture. That's another good thing - I like repaintable wheels.

Being unsure of the templates myself, I've just formed a new one out of the 2/3 files in the template folder.

In regards to the badges, on the template I've just moved them to the correct position or removed them if the repaint seems fitting. Hope this helps!

Advertisement

Apr 5, 2016
View attachment 57988

View attachment 57990

View attachment 57991

not used it yet myself but I believe the handrails are in the folder marked interiors (in the template folder) most likely seems the one called "bars" , but not totally sure

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Kinda related... with the dot-matrix that this bus comes with, is it possible to have the front route number show on the near side like the Tridents?

In other words, instead of "18 University", it'd be "University 18"
Yes it is, what you want to do is find the flipdot folder via this path:
1581636176734.png

Open matrix_constfile.txt and CTRL + F for Matrix_NrRightAlign. Change the value underneath to a 1, so it would end up looking like this:
1581636353929.png

Hope that helps!

Reactions: KaiserMCG

Advertisement

V3D

Pleasing a small part of the community since 2015
Jan 30, 2017
linktr.ee
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyOldDaf

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.