Buses Alexander ALX 400 - Volvo B7TL (1 Viewer)

Welcome to one of my other projects
The Alexander ALX400 - Volvo B7TL

Yes it's another ALX400, but this one is better!

Back in the days of driving buses at First, I remember being very excited to drive a brand-new Volvo B7TL as it was certainly something different to the Bristol VR's and Leyland Olympians I had driven previously.

I know this bus has been on the cards for some time, but really didn't want to let it go until I was happy with it. It still needs some tweaking but it's pretty much there.

Overall features:
  • 10.55m B7TL-57 chassis
  • Engine and performance data based on Volvo D7C-250
  • Authentic engine sounds from ex-London General EVL2
  • ALX400 bodywork with choice of flip-dot or LED matrix
  • Ferry-lift suspension with kneeling function
  • Optional front wheel-trims and nut guards for all wheels
  • Two types of nearside mirror. Long arm or by door.
  • Optional front fog-lights and rear a/c vent
  • AI only bus with it's own low-res repaints to help take up less texture memory
  • Choice of included re-paints based on Firstbus corporate, historic or independently-branded operators
  • Repaint templates included
Cab:
  • Detailed dashboard with warning lights and computer display showing clock and other misc messages, like wheel-slip
  • Drivers CCTV monitor showing the upper saloon
  • Demister heating and blower speed
  • Wayfarer TGX-150 ticket machine and cash tray
  • Height and reach adjustable dash
Passenger comfort:
  • Manually operated saloon heater
  • Traditional Firstbus Linea style seating

Some screenshot goodness (Some not current):

Last edited:

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Can you do a variant with Civics please?
V3D said a few months back there'd not be a varient with Civics, unless he's changed his mind since then,
If my memory serves me right this is based on First Hampshire and Dorset 32031-32046 (W801-816 EOW), which have those hard seats that are in the bus - all of them pre-52 reg had those seats.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Welcome to one of my other projects
The Alexander ALX400 - Volvo B7TL

View attachment 47369

Yes it's another ALX400, but this one is better!

Back in the days of driving buses at First, I remember being very excited to drive a brand-new Volvo B7TL as it was certainly something different to the Bristol VR's and Leyland Olympians I had driven previously.

I know this bus has been on the cards for some time, but really didn't want to let it go until I was happy with it. It still needs some tweaking but it's pretty much there.

Overall features:
  • 10.55m B7TL-57 chassis
  • Engine and performance data based on Volvo D7C-250
  • Authentic engine sounds from ex-London General EVL2
  • ALX400 bodywork with choice of flip-dot or LED matrix
  • Ferry-lift suspension with kneeling function
  • Optional front wheel-trims and nut guards for all wheels
  • Two types of nearside mirror. Long arm or by door.
  • AI only bus with it's own low-res repaints to help take up less texture memory
  • Choice of included re-paints based on Firstbus corporate, historic or independently-branded operators
  • Repaint templates included
Cab:
  • Detailed dashboard with warning lights and computer display showing clock and other misc messages, like wheel-slip
  • Drivers CCTV monitor showing the upper saloon
  • Demister heating and blower speed
  • Wayfarer TGX-150 ticket machine and cash tray
  • Height and reach adjustable dash
Passenger comfort:
  • Manually operated saloon heater
  • Traditional Firstbus Linea style seating

Some screenshot goodness (Some not current):

View attachment 47370View attachment 47371View attachment 47372
Love it!
I absolutely love it!!
Been driving it for a good 3 months now (Alpha from Fulleylounge), and I love every bit of it!! Great job!
Also, I'm really happy that you've included the Jurassic Coaster repaint. The X53 was my local bus for most of my entire life. :)
I've got a question though: Will the repaint templates change at all until release?
Also, when I make my own reskins, would I be permitted to use your stock First interior? Of course I'd credit you for it. :)
Thanks in advance! :D

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
This is my favourite OMSI bus right now. I mean I liked the Trident a lot but this has some undefinable extra sparkle, maybe it's the meaty sounds or the high res lightup dash or the way the thing drives. Somehow it just feels right. I'm going to stop gushing now ????

Advertisement

Been driving the Alpha for a good while now, and it looks like things have progressed significantly :)

Some questions....

- Will there be a variant with the assault screen?
- On the Alpha there's an alignment issue with the right-side ad frame and the lower foremost window. Was this addressed?
- Are the front foglights and deletion of the rear upper fan/vent still options? (in other words I'm thinking as close to Dublin Bus spec as possible!) :D
- Any plans for a dual door version?
- Can I donate you a pint? :)

Cheers!

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread