Buses Alexander ALX 400 - Volvo B7TL

KaiserMCG

Mar 25, 2017
@KaiserMCG No need to donate.

The fog lights and aircon vent are still setvars. The texture mapping I believe was fixed, though been a while since I properly looked at it. No plans for dual door at the moment. Assault screen is a possibility as it's been asked for a lot.
Cheers for the reply mate - much appreciated.

Also appreciate that you are giving this to us free but I'd still like to throw in a few quid as I did for the Regional. I know there's a lot of nonsense, but most of us really do appreciate the efforts you and anyone else who builds these things go to for us :)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Been driving the Alpha for a good while now, and it looks like things have progressed significantly :)

Some questions....

- Will there be a variant with the assault screen?
- On the Alpha there's an alignment issue with the right-side ad frame and the lower foremost window. Was this addressed?
- Are the front foglights and deletion of the rear upper fan/vent still options? (in other words I'm thinking as close to Dublin Bus spec as possible!) :D
- Any plans for a dual door version?
- Can I donate you a pint? :)

Cheers!
To add to this, there's a tiny tiny bug just above the left hand mirror.

The black dot. You can see it on all of these repaints (they're mine). I know this is pretty nitpicky, but still, I thought I should point it out anyway.
I have fixed this issue by painting some white over it on the actual template, but it'd be nice if it was fixed in the actual template too. :)

Reactions: leinsterjack

V3D

Developer
Jan 30, 2017
No, it had to be done differently due to the way it works in true Volvo style. Having said that, you can use key's but it's a loop from left to right and back to left. I'm afraid I really don't have the patience to go hard core scripting and make it work in a particular way. I'm quite happy with it otherwise.

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
As one that has enjoyed the alpha version of this bus. I think this is a great bus add-on and I would like to see an assault screen as both fixed and the "drop down" version as the one on the E200 MMC looks great from the video I saw of it being used on YouTube and I too would love to see that on the Volvo B7TL as well. Perhaps on the full height version if one is planned.

Here is an example of one in Belfast I took in 2017.
That one is EEZ2911 but the 2002/2003 TCZ and BEZ registered ones use the same dashboard as the one that V3D is making.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Hi @V3DStudios, I have noticed 2 more bugs and also the tiniest graphical issue there will ever be in all video game history.

Bug 1: If you put something at the very top of the rear part of the bus on the template, it gets displayed weirdly, apparently this part of the template gets used twice at the moment.
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 15.58.22.png

Bug 2: Exhaust is white, and not to be found on the template. ;)
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 16.15.39.png

And now comes tiny issue. I thought about telling this to you a lot, if it would really be worth it, but I'm doing it. I want the B7TL to be as accurate as it gets, and we're already about 99.99% there, so I thought "Why not?" and here I am now reporting it to you.
The top of the post of the "S" sign clips ever so slightly into the bottom of the S. I know this is a really minute detail, and probably no one will ever notice it, and I know that this is the pinnacle of nitpickedness, but still. I have no idea how I even spotted it haha 😄

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 16.39.55.png

Also, here are two slight suggestions on how to improve the bus a tad further. :)

Small Suggestions:
1. I'd find it'd be a nice addition if you could move the Wheelchair ramp. I know can't really use it but it'd be a nice detail IMO. :)
2. Has the B7TL been optimised a bit more since the last Alpha release on Fulleylounge? Because in about 85% of the time where I drive it, it lags quite a bit.
So if not, that'd also be something I'd optimise a tad more. If not, that's totally ok too though. :)

But other than what I've just now listed, I'd say the B7TL is finished. It is an utmost joy to drive, and I love every little vertex of it.
Great job on this bus, and congratulations on coming this far in creating buses for OMSI 2. Thank you very much.

As one that has enjoyed the alpha version of this bus. I think this is a great bus add-on and I would like to see an assault screen as both fixed and the "drop down" version as the one on the E200 MMC looks great from the video I saw of it being used on YouTube and I too would love to see that on the Volvo B7TL as well. Perhaps on the full height version if one is planned.

Here is an example of one in Belfast I took in 2017.
That one is EEZ2911 but the 2002/2003 TCZ and BEZ registered ones use the same dashboard as the one that V3D is making.
Ooh yes that'd be good, if there will be a full-height one too! :)

Reactions: georgeloxton02

georgeloxton02

I am making a Plaxton Premiere!
Apr 20, 2018
Hi @V3DStudios, I have noticed 2 more bugs and also the tiniest graphical issue there will ever be in all video game history.

Bug 1: If you put something at the very top of the rear part of the bus on the template, it gets displayed weirdly, apparently this part of the template gets used twice at the moment.
View attachment 49157

Bug 2: Exhaust is white, and not to be found on the template. ;)
View attachment 49158

And now comes tiny issue. I thought about telling this to you a lot, if it would really be worth it, but I'm doing it. I want the B7TL to be as accurate as it gets, and we're already about 99.99% there, so I thought "Why not?" and here I am now reporting it to you.
The top of the post of the "S" sign clips ever so slightly into the bottom of the S. I know this is a really minute detail, and probably no one will ever notice it, and I know that this is the pinnacle of nitpickedness, but still. I have no idea how I even spotted it haha 😄

View attachment 49159

Also, here are two slight suggestions on how to improve the bus a tad further. :)

Small Suggestions:
1. I'd find it'd be a nice addition if you could move the Wheelchair ramp. I know can't really use it but it'd be a nice detail IMO. :)
2. Has the B7TL been optimised a bit more since the last Alpha release on Fulleylounge? Because in about 85% of the time where I drive it, it lags quite a bit.
So if not, that'd also be something I'd optimise a tad more. If not, that's totally ok too though. :)

But other than what I've just now listed, I'd say the B7TL is finished. It is an utmost joy to drive, and I love every little vertex of it.
Great job on this bus, and congratulations on coming this far in creating buses for OMSI 2. Thank you very much.

Ooh yes that'd be good, if there will be a full-height one too! :)
Wow , you have quite the eye!