Air Hoses. Does the lack on some trucks bother you? (1 Viewer)

Menacing Scarab

The Cultured Redneck
Jul 30, 2014
So something that has irked me for some time is the lack of properly modeled air hoses on a couple of the SCS trucks. The DAF 105 has a flippin low res texture and that's it. The Scania R of all things doesn't even show them at all. I guess the trailers you pull with it are just magic.

I kinda feel like with the Scania Streamline already being released and the new DAF Euro 6 coming out that SCS should take a few minutes and update the old truck models to include the new air hoses on them.

So what are your thoughts on the matter. Does it bother you to see some of the older trucks lacking a key component or do you just kind of ignore that when you play?

Reactions: Daramin

Advertisement

Menacing Scarab

The Cultured Redneck
Jul 30, 2014
One thing I can say about the Scania R at least is that GT Mike did add the ability to basically change the chassis out to the model from the Streamline with his Scania reworks mod. I'm just weird like that about this issue. Even though I don't use an exterior view and hardly ever look back there just knowing that it isn't modeled properly sticks with me. Also 50K's DAF fixes that issue but we really shouldn't need mods to do the fixes on them.

Jul 31, 2014
I really don't care about such little details like that at all... I only drive in first person anyway, so the only time I'd see the back of my truck would be in a shop.
I'd rather have them invest time in the older trucks' interiors. The MAN's and Iveco's interiors are behond aweful and the Daf's and Renaults' aren't very good either.

Shame on SCS for just putting German Truck Simulator trucks in ETS2 and never looking at them again (exept for changing the names) in the first place.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread