ADL Enviro400 MMC By Studio Polygon - Manual Door Controls (1 Viewer)

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.
  • Any votes made on Help & Advice threads pre-upgrade (10th Oct) will not appear as they are yet to be migrated. They will be shown as before once migration has been completed.

Bobby567

Creator of the Yorkshire Reds Repaint Pack
Good Morning OMSI 2 Community, I would like to ask a question about the E400MMC made by FirstEnviro from Studio Polygon. It's about the manual door controls used to open/close the doors when not in the cab. Whenever I press the button, the door alarm sounds - On some Enviro's you press the button and after 2 or 3 seconds, the doors close. I know it is a minor thing but if there is a way to get it to work that would be fantastic. :)

Thanks.
Bobby. :)
20201017114723_1.jpg

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
I assume you're pressing the emergency button (labelled 1 in the image below) which is purely for emergency use and has the same functionality as the exterior emergency door control. It's behaviour is to open the door in an emergency and not to close it. If you have the electrics on and this button is pressed, the alarm will sound as it's to indicate the doors have been opened not by the driver, potentially unintentionally. This is correct behaviour and it what happens on MMCs.

The behaviour you're talking about - the timer before the doors close - is controlled by this button (labelled 2 in the image). It's purpose is to only close the doors after 3 seconds - and will not sound an alarm.

The emergency door button on the exterior is still the way for the driver to open the door when getting on, but the electrics should be off and thus the alarm will not sound.

1602940758908.png

Reactions: Bobby567

Bobby567

Creator of the Yorkshire Reds Repaint Pack
I assume you're pressing the emergency button (labelled 1 in the image below) which is purely for emergency use and has the same functionality as the exterior emergency door control. It's behaviour is to open the door in an emergency and not to close it. If you have the electrics on and this button is pressed, the alarm will sound as it's to indicate the doors have been opened not by the driver, potentially unintentionally. This is correct behaviour and it what happens on MMCs.

The behaviour you're talking about - the timer before the doors close - is controlled by this button (labelled 2 in the image). It's purpose is to only close the doors after 3 seconds - and will not sound an alarm.

The emergency door button on the exterior is still the way for the driver to open the door when getting on, but the electrics should be off and thus the alarm will not sound.

View attachment 73175
Thanks for your help mate! Stay Safe & have a good Afternoon. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Users who are viewing this thread