Adding a new start point (1 Viewer)

Hi, im trying to add a new start point to a map. I couldn't find any topics already so im hoping someone will be able to help. Is there a certain program i have to use to get the coordinates or can i do that in game? I've opened global.cfg and have added a new point that does show up in the start points when i start the game, just a case of getting the coordinates now to actually start there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Open the editor and go to where you want the starting point to be. Go to the objects tab and click load directory. Find a folder (I think it's called general or generic, but it definitely starts with a g :) ). Click one of the objects in there and open it. Click start point and click the n button. Position the box however you want, then click options and give it a name. In one of the menus at the top, there's a button that says 'go to entry point' click it and then select the one you made :)

Hope this helps :)

(Sorry for the brief instructions, I'm at school so I'm trying to remember it all )

Reactions: XplicitGaming

Advertisement

Open the editor and go to where you want the starting point to be. Go to the objects tab and click load directory. Find a folder (I think it's called general or generic, but it definitely starts with a g :) ). Click one of the objects in there and open it. Click start point and click the n button. Position the box however you want, then click options and give it a name. In one of the menus at the top, there's a button that says 'go to entry point' click it and then select the one you made :)

Hope this helps :)

(Sorry for the brief instructions, I'm at school so I'm trying to remember it all )
Perfect, thank you

@sambob_12 I'm not sure how much you know about the editor mate but im trying to make a roundabout. I've looked at other maps to see how they have done it. I've got my base material and im trying to change the angle of the spline, however where you enter the number of degrees to change its greyed out and i cant change it, would you happen to know why its greyed out? Cheers

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
I've only looked at 1 roundabout before and it was on the Hertfordshire V4 map. I believe it is made of 2 different splines: the entry/exit and the normal sides. I think they have a set rotation but if you change the length I think it should make a ful circle. If that doesn't work, I'll have a look later when I get home from school (which will be about 5pm)

Mar 30, 2016
London
I've only looked at 1 roundabout before and it was on the Hertfordshire V4 map. I believe it is made of 2 different splines: the entry/exit and the normal sides. I think they have a set rotation but if you change the length I think it should make a ful circle. If that doesn't work, I'll have a look later when I get home from school (which will be about 5pm)
I believe it's made out of iomexlh scenery objects.

D

Deleted member 422

That's scenery objects, not splines.
@sambob_12 I'm not sure how much you know about the editor mate but im trying to make a roundabout. I've looked at other maps to see how they have done it. I've got my base material and im trying to change the angle of the spline, however where you enter the number of degrees to change its greyed out and i cant change it, would you happen to know why its greyed out? Cheers
It is greyed out, because you need to enter a radius of the curve, in meters in the box below :)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread