Add-On Nottinghamshire (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day,
OMSI 2 Add-On Nottinghamshire has been 'in development' for a few months now. It offered a deposit for people who wanted to purchase the add-on in the future, which would, in normal circumstances, guarantee you with the product you paid a deposit for. However, this add-on has now been cancelled. With no refunds for those who have paid deposits in sight. Now normally, if you pay a deposit, it is non-refundable. However, this may change if the product is withdrawn. The Comptetition and Consumer Protection Commission states that "You have a right to ask for your deposit back if the business cannot provide you with the item you agreed to buy". So, under these circumstances, people who have paid for said deposit have the right to ask for this deposit to be refunded. It is also stated that if the business refuses to refund your deposit, then you may have to take legal action. If you change your mind about the product, then a refund is not guaranteed. But it's slightly different if the supplier cannot provide the refund.

Care must be taken when paying for virtual and non-tangible things over the internet. If you are paying for said products, then you should always double-check the terms and conditions. If there are none, then be wary. In this case, it is unclear whether there were any T&Cs. However, in situations like this, it can only be recommended for anyone who has payed this deposit to file a claim with their card company, PayPal, or seek legal advice.

For any who aren't aware, similar things have happened before. Those in the Flight Sim community may have heard of FSGenius. While it differed in that he offered PCs, not virtual add-ons, he still ended up in prison with a criminal record for not complying with the demands of his paying customers.

If anyone involved with Add-On Nottinghamshire is reading this, then I'd just be wary. I refuse to have any involvement with this, and in this situation are simply serving as a vehicle for information that is freely available.

I'm absolutely shocked that something like this has happened, and are ashamed that people would actually consider participating in such appalling activities.

-J

Information worth reading:
Citizens Information
CCPC

blahjason

Developer of the Optare Solo
Oct 23, 2016
Hi,

I know that we've been getting recent complaints regarding Add On Nottinghamshire. The project has not been cancelled. The reason why there has been so much inactivity was due to the fact that we have been been in and out of contracting with third party companies for our Add On. Yes, we may have announced that we were having a short break however that's over now and the project is now going ahead.

On the other terms, people did not 'deposit' money for the Add On. It was merely donations which as said are non refundable. These donations had and only stayed within Add On Nottinghamshire which would've gone towards licensing, website fees, so on and so forth.

The Add On Nottinghamshire team deeply apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused. We will be posting a formal apology / update on our page within the next day or two once we have signed our contract.

Thank you
Add On Nottinghamshire Team

Advertisement

Hi,

I know that we've been getting recent complaints regarding Add On Nottinghamshire. The project has not been cancelled. The reason why there has been so much inactivity was due to the fact that we have been been in and out of contracting with third party companies for our Add On. Yes, we may have announced that we were having a short break however that's over now and the project is now going ahead.

On the other terms, people did not 'deposit' money for the Add On. It was merely donations which as said are non refundable. These donations had and only stayed within Add On Nottinghamshire which would've gone towards licensing, website fees, so on and so forth.

The Add On Nottinghamshire team deeply apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused. We will be posting a formal apology / update on our page within the next day or two once we have signed our contract.

Thank you
Isn't it funny how all of your previous posts have been deleted...
When you say something is a deposit, its a deposit. When you say something is cancelled, which you explicitly did, then it is cancelled. On this occasion, the whole situation could have called forward serious legal actions. It doesn't seem as though you really understand how serious it is when messing with people's money.
If you are going to label your project as an add-on, then give conformation that it is. Don't call it so if it isn't one, state that its not an official project.
Lesson: Don't mess with people's money.

Hi,

Thank you
make your mind up you not going then your going, are you staying or going now? also if you not doing it give people there money has its something special to them as people struggle with money

Reactions: LazyGuy222
Well it clearly states that the project is going ahead above..
And before it said it was cancelled...explicitly.
Poor project and team management causes problems. In this case, major confusion, debate, uproar, and nearly a set of legal claims.
See the problem yet? You cannot run a project of any sort like that, without expecting problems.

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
Well it clearly states that the project is going ahead above..
The amount of times you've said it's going ahead, then not going ahead, then going ahead, then not going ahead, I'm not surprised people are confused.

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
You're not even of age to be selling products legally. If I remember correctly, you're 14/13. I'm also pretty sure it's against Paypal's terms of service to have an account with them under the age of 18, so all that money you've received shouldn't be yours either.

I think you're obviously causing so much attention to your 'project' which currently features a single road with some hedges and a crossing, to get even more money for yourself than you already have. I would advise everyone does not donate a penny to this Cowboy, I highly doubt this 'project' will see the light of day in OMSI.

If you want evidence that he's just after cash, go into his post history, 'anyone got a tenner I could borrow?'

May be the wrong place to ask but...

Advertisement

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
You're not even of age to be selling products legally. If I remember correctly, you're 14/13. I'm also pretty sure it's against Paypal's terms of service to have an account with them under the age of 18, so all that money you've received shouldn't be yours either.

I think you're obviously causing so much attention to your 'project' which currently features a single road with some hedges and a crossing, to get even more money for yourself than you already have. I would advise everyone does not donate a penny to this Cowboy, I highly doubt this 'project' will see the light of day in OMSI.

If you want evidence that he's just after cash, go into his post history, 'anyone got a tenner I could borrow?'

May be the wrong place to ask but...
Just like to say, I asked our contractor and he replied with the quote:

'So if you're selling apples outside the front of your house, that's illegal?'
'Of course it's not illegal'

He's checked with his colleagues, it's going through.

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
Just like to say, I asked our contractor and he replied with the quote:

'So if you're selling apples outside the front of your house, that's illegal?'
'Of course it's not illegal'

He's checked with his colleagues, it's going through.
It's not illegal because to sell apples outside your house, you don't enter a contract to sell them, which you must be at least 18 years old for. Selling products/services over the internet is a whole different story.

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
It's not illegal because to sell apples outside your house, you don't enter a contract to sell them, which you must be at least 18 years old for. Selling products/services over the internet is a whole different story.
As said, I asked. He replied that there is no problem with an under 18 signing a contract.

Advertisement

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
Definitely not buying this or pre ordering it anyway as at the moment it seems rather dodgy. Who's making the Buses? Or are you going to steal the E400 City (C400+) Rhys shall be making after London?
We have a developer already who will be doing the buses, we're not going to be stealing Rhys's Bus.... That's why we're discussing which buses are currently being made and which arent.

lowe200012

Ballroom Dancer
Mar 5, 2017
@Ceeqwa while its is perfectly fine to sell a product while being under the age of 18, having a paypal account is not. Under paypals t&c's which you have to agree to, you have to be 18 to have a paypal account. If ypu are under the age of 18 and you have a paypal account you have set this account up then it would be classed as an act of fraud and any money you have received would be classed as being received by means of fraud. If you have a contractor then that is someone providing a service on your behalf with instructions and and a contract set by you

Reactions: Callum23

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread