A real-life story (1 Viewer)

We are always excited and humbled at the same time when we hear that our games have profoundly and positively affected the lives of our fans. Marcus Armstrong sent us his story:

To everyone at SCS Software, especially those dealing with Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator. I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone involved, even though you have kind of lost a player.

I use to be an avid fan of the series playing Euro Truck Simulator, UK Truck Simulator and then both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, investing in steering wheels, Track IR and gear sticks for my PC.

Two years ago the company I worked for had been turning in a direction I was not overly comfortable with. I felt that it was moving away from its core values and what defined it as unique and I started considering an exit strategy. This exit strategy becomes more important when, out of a team of three, one of us had to take voluntary redundancy.

As the youngest team member in my mid-thirties, I decided that I would be in the best position to get started a new career, a career in different industry as I was a little burnt out doing what I was doing. I needed to be able to get into an industry where I could retrain quickly and earn what I was earning before, or more. I ended up, within a two month period, passing both HGV Class 2 and then Class 1 license. By the third month, I had a job with R.T. Keedwell which I have been doing for the last couple of years, driving a Mercedes Actros MP4 (which I am currently writing this from a truck stop for the night, good ol' Hotel Mercedes).

So why am I thanking you guys and gals at SCS? Well out of several industries I had been trained in; Web Dev, 3D Animation, Administration and Finance, it was ETS2 and ATS which I had enjoyed playing so much that I decided to take out a loan to cover the training costs and then base not just my career on, but my lifestyle as well, I am a Trucker (even grew the beard). I'm currently racking up 2500km a week driving all over the UK where no two days are quite the same and I meet countless people from the companies we haul for and other drivers.

SCS, you gave me the inspiration to venture out into a career I had never would have thought of and now love doing. So again, a huge heartfelt thank you and keep up the good work!

Marcus A.
Trucker nameplate "4 1/2 Days"

Thank you, Marcus, we are so happy for you! We wish you all the best and safe returns from your hauls.

Marcus is actually an Actros driver as you could notice from the text and photo. What a lucky coincidence - conveniently, we happen to have a very related project in the very final stages of development. More information will be available really soon.

JXDNCwaM-Gs

Read on the SCS Blog...
(Credit: SCS Software)

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Not anymore. Hate getting up really early. Plus we have to work on Christmas sometimes.
No!!!! ???? Damn, that’s a lot of money to invest in to something and then leave so soon :(
But, I am happy that you’ve got another dream job! I’m sure that will be great for you!

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread