3D Warehouse Conversions (1 Viewer)

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Righty, quick update - I've managed to export it etc but when into the Omsi editor the buildings have been flipped and the object appears on a strange angle, meaning I have to pitch it by 270 degrees.

Advertisement

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
You will need to import it into Blender first, re assign all the textures and then export it as .x right handed and deselect the flip 90 degrees option :)

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
OK... quick update. Managed to get a building in but it's got transparent textures, which appear white when imported to OMSI. Is there any solution to this?

In the .sco file, you have to list every instance of a transparent texture and mark it as transparent, like this:

[matl]

texturename.tga

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

texturename.tga

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

texturename.tga

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

anothertexturename.tga

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

anothertexturename.tga

[matl_alpha]

etc. Hopefully you can see the patter. Unfortunately the Sketchup>Blender conversion process does this really badly (it's one of the main downsides of using Sketchup for buildings) so you have to repeat this for every single use of a transparent texture, not just for each individual texture.

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
OK. They are .bmp files, but they should still work, yeah?

So if the file name is picture1.bmp, it'd be

[matl]

picture1.bmp

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

picture1.bmp

[matl_alpha]

[matl]

picture1.bmp

[matl_alpha]

?

Thanks for the help :)

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
OK, I've had another look in the Sketchup file and the transparent files are transparent... I've also looked in at the texture files and the bits that are meant to be transparent are too. So how do I change the files from .bmp to .tga and do the same in Blender or Sketchup?

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread