33064 in Preservation (1 Viewer)

Kaelyn

Max Verstappen, 2021 Formula One World Champion
Jan 2, 2017
Brighton & Hove, United Kingdom
dokkae.me
Heyo all,

I now own a Trident; Ex-First Bristol 33064.

Looks good tbh, surprisingly for a First vehicle, it's ISC is also surprisingly healthy.

1595129321926.png

Advertisement

How can you even afford one :eek:????
Contrary to what many think its usually not that expensive to buy a bus of that age (compared to brand new, its usually just in 4 digits rather than 6). Its everything else that’s expensive like fuel, storage, etc.

I do want to have a bus eventually but I will need to seriously consider if its a good idea, since buying the bus is often the easiest bit.

Reactions: iiBus
Contrary to what many think its usually not that expensive to buy a bus of that age (compared to brand new, its usually just in 4 digits rather than 6). Its everything else that’s expensive like fuel, storage, etc.

I do want to have a bus eventually but I will need to seriously consider if its a good idea, since buying the bus is often the easiest bit.
Buying a bus is still rather expensive, just as expensive as buying a car. Yes it's normally around 4 digits, but it can still be expensive for some. Then add on the amount of money you have to spend bringing the vehicle up to a condition you're happy with, maintenance, insurance, tax, mot, fuel, the list is endless. All adds up. Buying a bus is the easy bit like you say, the rest of it which a lot of people don't always see is the expensive bit.

Buying a bus is still rather expensive, just as expensive as buying a car. Yes it's normally around 4 digits, but it can still be expensive for some.
Yeah I more meant as in contrary to what people think a bus should cost, which would be true if brand new but then that’s not really “preservation”. Never denied the fact its not cheap.

Then add on the amount of money you have to spend bringing the vehicle up to a condition you're happy with, maintenance, insurance, tax, mot, fuel, the list is endless. All adds up. Buying a bus is the easy bit like you say, the rest of it which a lot of people don't always see is the expensive bit.
That’s the thing unfortunately, go back years I was just like “yeah I’ll easily get one” but now its more like “It would be nice but I’m going to have to save and be dedicated”. We’ll see anyway, got slightly over 2 years until I can even get a PCV/PSV/Cat.D/whateverit’sactuallycallednowadays license anyway.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Yeah I more meant as in contrary to what people think a bus should cost, which would be true if brand new but then that’s not really “preservation”. Never denied the fact its not cheap.

That’s the thing unfortunately, go back years I was just like “yeah I’ll easily get one” but now its more like “It would be nice but I’m going to have to save and be dedicated”. We’ll see anyway, got slightly over 2 years until I can even get a PCV/PSV/Cat.D/whateverit’sactuallycallednowadays license anyway.
I mean, what do I know? I own a bus, I know exactly how much it can cost and the amount of money i've spent in the last 5 months is 4 digits on top of what I paid for the vehicle and is only going to keep increasing ????‍♀️ it racks up very quickly depending how much work you want to do and how quickly you get work done

Reactions: Jagga
I mean, what do I know? I own a bus, I know exactly how much it can cost and the amount of money i've spent in the last 5 months is 4 digits on top of what I paid for the vehicle and is only going to keep increasing ????‍♀️ it racks up very quickly depending how much work you want to do and how quickly you get work done
What you’ve you said is absolutely correct, I never said you were wrong at all.

Apologies if what I said in the last two posts didn’t make sense or get across what I was trying to say properly.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread