3,000 miles in 3 days: My 2nd ETS2-esque long distance job (1 Viewer)

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Doing this next week:

fJ1Pe5SjSqhv5ptIDH_ETpBZkYULqdpj.jpeg

I'm doing a long-distance house move. Did it last summer and it was pretty cool, although I had a driver's mate in the left seat to make the tea, manage the playlist and pay at the tollbooths. Am alone this time so I should be able to make fewer stops.

I chose the route as it's the route I used last time, and avoids the need for a second ferry to get to either Norway or Sweden (uses the Storebaelt and Oresund crossings). It's incredibly scenic and I will have my dashcam running the whole way, so I'll post pics in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Grief, furthest I've ever done in a day is 300 miles. Here's hoping for good weather for you :)

Haha, cheers. Last time I went it was August, stopped just short of the Oresund crossing for a rest break but it was far too hot to sleep, so drove up to Gothenburg as I figured it'd be cooler there. Found that every service area was by that time filled with trucks so had to stop at services just south of Oslo, so it was 1,000 miles almost in one sitting (aside from getting diesel and Statoil sausages - WHICH ARE AMAZING)

y2cniEgGgLS3BRzL9vcfN3uvQplN1XBr.jpeg

Wow... think of all of the things you would see. Isn't the bridge by Malmo really expensive? :P

Have fun on your distant "Voyage" :)  

Yeah there's three large bridges to cross to get from Denmark to Sweden - the Little Belt Bridge (is free), the Storebaelt (£25.35) and the Oresund Crossing (£37.73) - but I'd otherwise have to pay for a ferry anyway so it doesn't work out any more expensive, and I'd rather drive over the bridges for something to look at than queue for a ferry anyway haha

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Well Holland is completely different to how it appears in ETS2 - SCS did a very bad job of that. This is the main motorway towards Germany from Europoort:

KpsCDJ1c0vtbGcTBpaZfJjk1mhFMhP_F.jpeg

Scandinavia, however, is completely 100%

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Back now :)  Will take me weeks to process the video (if my crappy chinese dashcam even saved it all). Only have video as far as Gothenburg as my laptop ran out of juice so couldn't download the final few hours.