123movies Infected (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch movie's and whatnot with 123movies? It's a really cool website however I'm going to block it for good as it's a infection malware website that's not safe to visit.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/123movies.to/

I'm posting to let you guys know about it. Question is what other websites that do the same that are safe? Youtube is the best option :)

Please don't and never visit it!!!!!!!

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
123movies actually classifies as a pirate media sharing website anyway. Anything that offers online streaming without payment of royalties to the respective copyright owners is technically a pirating website and cannot operate legally anyway. Just so you know. ;)

This is why all websites of similar target should be used with caution, most of these websites do offer viruses of all kinds. The only safe ones being YouTube, DailyMotion and alike since these websites do actually pay royalties and ensure their content creators (like us) do to.

Advertisement

123movies actually classifies as a pirate media sharing website anyway. Anything that offers online streaming without payment of royalties to the respective copyright owners is technically a pirating website and cannot operate legally anyway. Just so you know. ;)

This is why all websites of similar target should be used with caution, most of these websites do offer viruses of all kinds. The only safe ones being YouTube, DailyMotion and alike since these websites do actually pay royalties and ensure their content creators (like us) do to.
I do understand that but you see why allot of people go on those websites :) to get free things for free as that can. Also turns out that they have 123moviesDOTnet as well as .to

What made me to post about this, as I had an call from my broadband provider saying that they are reading allot of malware and bad things coming though my router and I was like WTF.. DAMN!! and not happy that they are some what watching my IP.

I watch most of the movies in bed on my tablet and sometimes on my phone and when going though the website (looking at the list of movies) it goes off to an advert page, It happens about three to four times then it goes away till the next day. Same on my PC but an another browser tab opens. On my phone I do get my Microsoft blocker stops it by showing red but not all the time.

What I'm pissed that the fact that my broadband provider phone my house number up! that's if it was them!!!

And that by googling that all my broadband provider can check IP and see what webpage we are on and see everything that we do!!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...our-broadband-provider-not-to-spy-on-you.html

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
and not happy that they are some what watching my IP.
Welcome to the UK I'm afraid! If you're regularly using sites of an illegal nature your ISP will have you for it! It's not illegal for them to record your activity and I believe that they can pass information re: your internet use to authorities too if you're doing illegal stuff!

Whilst of course, I can't promote illegal activity, VPN in the future may not go a miss ;)

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
All internet providers are told to record everything. Even "Private Browsing"/"Incognito" is only private to the local network. It's for surveillance and such. It's much like the NSA or our local RAF Menwith Hill - they do not actively "watch" us. Instead they have filters upon filters that highlight illegal activities, keywords and actions, etc. The malicious activity coming through your router could have been so heavy that it flagged as a potential DoS attack. It's like when a server flags you for excessive data usage in a spike for example - a datacenter may warn you about this as it will flash up.

I don't promote illegal activity, but I know why people do it, I understand why people do it and it doesn't bother me in the slightest so long as - eventually if they want to keep whatever it is permanently, they pay for it. (Which is often how these sites get away with is, "try before you buy" sort of thing.

Australia hasn't have that enable but it's getting to that point of where they improving it. I'm aware of it but I'm taken extra level after I had an call, and aren't 100% if it's real or not.

I can say that I been doing it for some time, even make in my last rented home. Same website and seen 10 or more movies and had ads open up. Yet it's only been that one website nothing else. It's the first call I had that I been with them.

So I'm staying away from that website, And hop that YouTube will give me the fun :)

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I can say that I been doing it for some time, even make in my last rented home. Same website and seen 10 or more movies and had ads open up. Yet it's only been that one website nothing else. It's the first call I had that I been with them.
It does sound a bit like one of those telephone scam calls, I've heard a few times of ISP's sending out letters but never calling! Might be worth searching the number they called from on google to find out, you could actually be fine! :P

If you're looking for fun it might be worth trying some other websites ;)

Tinder is good for that sort of thing I've heard..
NumbNuts :D You get an stick up your A** :p

It does sound a bit like one of those telephone scam calls, I've heard a few times of ISP's sending out letters but never calling! Might be worth searching the number they called from on google to find out, you could actually be fine! :p
It came up with no number :( So that's just aren't an great start. At least that my home home has an block option.

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Let-s-beat-the-scammers-together/bd-p/scammers It's SCAM If you google it you will find allot more that TALKTALK has been attacked, if that is the right word

Last edited:
AFAIK, Using VPN under the browser is a good idea of being incognito since browser VPN are only covering only the history of your browser activities. We might not know if we are watch by others but we should practice SAFE browsing than the less. ISP should not know we are doing with the Internet as they know that the Internet Connection service is the only thing we pay them.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread