This is the first in a series of small Devkit packs from UKDT, for the use of map developers only. In this pack, you will find a series of splines to use in your maps (illustrated below) - splines you use should be bundled with your map (and you should not list this download as a dependency).
This is a direction we are taking as it provides the following benefits:
- This concept will help map authors keep their dependency lists as small as possible, as more Devkit volumes get uploaded.
- Protects the splines from alteration - they will always display and function as you intend.
- Allow customization, so your map has a unique feel.
- Prevents situations where downloads are no longer available - thus helping prevent some 'blue sky' errors.
- Allows us to upload very small packs like this one in quick succession, rather than waiting ages to bundle them in huge packs.
Information about the splines are contained within the download. The download features: Pavements with integrated double yellow markings, no loading markings (or no markings), various paths and driveways, tactile paving, a kerb spline, and surfaces.
We have provided these splines with some textures so that you can use them right away - but we strongly encourage you to source your own textures, so your map looks and feels different from others out there. We can recommend the following websites:
- Sketchup free seamless Textures
- Upload Requirements Confirmation
- This file's author has confirmed that all applicable Upload Requirements have been followed. Please report the file to a member of staff if you find any issues.